1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

09 TXC big tank options??

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Woodsknight, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Woodsknight Husqvarna
    AA Class

I need a big tank for this 09 TXC 250f. Is the Acerbis the only tank made for it? I have heard that the tanks break and leak? Whats the deal? I picked up a quick fill system, soo my pits will be fast but I really want more mileage out of a tank of gas. Also the stock gas cap leaks like a siv. Suggestions please????
  2. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

3. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

dan did you take the silly trim piece off that goes on top of the tank? mine leaked like crazy with that trim piece on,once removed the gas cap can be screwed down tighter,no leaks,but you need to tighten it very tight either way
  4. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

Thats correct, remove that goofy piece and the leaking stops.
  5. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Good to know--thanks.
  6. Woodsknight Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whoops my mistake, I meant IMS not acerbis. I will probably take my chances with breaking the IMS "wing" style tank and just get that. As for the stock gas cap, Yes I have already removed the funny looking piece but it still leaks. I am going to add an oring inbetween the cap and the insert to the cap and then seal it together. Hopefully that will do the trick
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Get an acerbis cap, they fit and seal better..
  8. hamiltonuh60 Husqvarna
    A Class

9. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    The stock gasket is a little temperamental. If it's not seated completely up into the cap, the sieve action is going to occur. Try "screwing" the gasket up to the top of the cap threads, then use a finger to seat it around its entire diameter. Had this happen with both my bikes until I found the sweet spot. No leaky now! Hope this makes sense.