1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te 510 09 leaky fork seals

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 510te, Oct 12, 2009.

1. 510te Husqvarna
    AA Class

My te has 300 ks on it and the fork seals are leaking already.. rang the shop i bought it from and he tells me its not under warranty. 24 month warranty hasnt even had its first service and i have to spend coin on it already.. whats the go with that?? another dealer tells me husky have a revised fork seal so they know there is a problem there. so where do i stand with that...:confused:
  2. tadgh Husqvarna
    A Class

i suppose fork seals come under consumable parts to some degree, you could just have been unlucky where ever you rode that something got up inside them.

did you try running something under them to see if you could clean them out?
    not sure about a known problem as fork seals are fairly standard items, in 4 years of various husky ownerships i have never had a leaking seal so who knows :excuseme:

i cant imagine if your dealer wants to hang on to you as a customer he is going to go too hard on you, its probably 70 euro here to change them including labour
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Seals can go at any time, however 300kms is rubbish. assuming you have tried to clean out anything that may be holding the seals open (drop the wiper and run a piece of film inside the seal in an up and down motion whilst circumnavigating the fork. Do this then bounce the suspension several times and repeat the whole process several times. This invariably helps). If the above does not rectify the situation its time to have a heart to heart with your dealer and see what he can do. Maybe you agree to split labor 50/50 and they throw in the seals.
    For the record I got nearly 3000 kms from my seals before I replaced them. probably did the seal clean 8 or 9 times in that period.
    Good luck.
  4. huskyenduro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Seals

200 miles of trail riding on my 09 TE510 and already a blown fork seal as well....:confused:
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

This procedure was similar to what I used and it resolved what I thought was a blown fork seal. Shop Manual also indicates an application of grease on the inside of the wiper.
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Mine also leaks and was able to repair with and old piece of 35mm film strip.
  7. 510te Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks guys ill try the film trick and see how i go...
  8. 510te Husqvarna
    AA Class

i rang another dealer which ive never been to and he chased husky up and got me a fix under warranty and even rang me at 8 oclock at night to tell me..what a legend ay... should have bought my bike from him cause the mob i bought it from just fobbed me off and didnt want to know about it so they wont see me again... you know who will be gettin my buisiness now ay!!
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    bleed them regularly before rides and even during and after and lately I bleed after strap down on the trailer to lower the internal pressure for the trailer ride.
  10. twowheels Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hoping for a WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    18 Beta 125RR; 16 TM 144/300
    Put a Blocker under the Fender When Transporting

... that reminds me of a set of conventional 45mm Marzocchis I had on a KTM that would leak at the slightest breeze ...

You need to get yourself a spacer to lock out the front forks during transport. You can fashion one out of a 2x4 or pick one up at the dealer, but basically you slide it between the front tire and front fender to prevent excessive compression when you tie the bike down. That should cut the blown seals by half.
  11. Mfallon Husqvarna
    B Class

09 TE 510

1300 miles and leaky fork seals here too. I get about the same milage from my Honda seals as well.
  12. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Some friends of mine put a piece of sponge (cut to shape) between the wiper and the seal that has been soaked in fork oil. They claim it is great in dusty conditions for prolonging seal life.
    Seal savers are good for dust but are diabolical on the forks in mud.
    Whatever method you use (if any)regular cleaing is part of the deal
  13. 510te Husqvarna
    AA Class

yeah keepin on top of the maitenance of the seals is 1 thing but leaking after 3 hungy ks is crap but husky have come to the party so im happy and would recomend them to me mates.... also the dealer who chased it up for me is a legend for goin out of his way for me when the shop i bought it from couldnt give a shoot..... words spread fast so they burn thereselfs
  14. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would like to add the seals used in SHOWA,KYB,WP,and MARZOCCHI are all manufactured by NOK A very large and reliable company, so dont think that the quality of the seals is suspect. some times seals leek early I'ts bad luck these bikes get used in A harsh enviroment.
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is the dumbest post ever.........oh...I see first post by them.....a "plagaristic" cut and paste with a personal silly closing....
  16. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP

+1 :thumbsup:

My seals were weeping a bit after my third ride on the TXC. I was a total moron and slid film up in there and ruined my seals... wait, no, they have been fine for the last year with no leaks... :applause:

If they are leaking they are ruined, how will sliding film up in there ruin them more? :excuseme: In my experience when they are weeping it is because there is some dirt in there, 90% of the time cleaning it out with film stops the leak.

If I didn't ride in mud I would lose 6 months of riding, not going to happen.

Later,
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    and for us out west don't ride in dust its also bad for the seals. I keep my bike in the garage and bounce up and down on it from time to time, it looks all shiny and new and the seals never leak.............+2