EFI experiments at Dynojet - your input please

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Coffee, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It appears that I may get the chance to take 2 more 2009 bikes to Dynojet soon, possibly in a week, a TE450 & TE310. I am open to input as to what might be accomplished there, I'm not sure how much can be done or how much time can be spent on this.

The goals for this trip include:
    1. Creating PC V maps for the bikes
    2. Attach an Auto Tune and see how that works after the maps are developed.
    3. Then adjust some parameters in the Mikuni ECU using the ibeat 2 and see if the auto tune can handle the FB1,2,3 settings being incorrect. If the Auto Tune can make up for a miscalibrated ECU settings that would be awesome and possibly reduce the need for the ibeat.
    4. Then misadjust the "slow running adjusting screw" (idle speed screw) and maybe the TPS (either physically or through the ibeat), and the throttle plate hard stop. Then see if the Auto tune can accommodate those problems - my guess would be 'probably not', but I'd like to try.
    5. Define what FB1,2,3 actually does (see graphs)
    6. Also take an ibeat 1 and confirm that ibeat 2 does all the exact same things - but allows fb2,3 to be adjusted i.e. fb1 on ibeat 1 is identical to fb1 on ibeat 2.
    7. Possibly bring back a PC V and auto tune and try those on a few bikes in the SF Bay area - the auto tune would then develop PC V maps for the bikes.

I do not know how the bikes will be configured, they probably have the power up kits installed and the Lambda (O2) sensors are probably long gone. Therefore the exact details of what experiments can be done cannot be defined at this time.

This is just one idea regarding the ibeat documentation, another idea might be comparing the carburetor jet sizes to FB #'s e.g. going from FB3 = 100 to 110 is 'like' going from a 180 main to a 165 main jet in a Keihin carb.

These graphs are NOT real, I just stuck some numbers in excel and made graphs
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

You may want to consider getting the bikes hot on the dyno (replicating tight woods riding) and see how the Autotune reacts to the overfueling the EFI introduces in these conditions.

I believe this would skew a PC map if it was developed under normal operating temps - hence the reason a PC does not eliminate some flameout issues.

Just thinking out loud here.

MAT
  3. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

How about a optimum high elevation map? Perhaps +8000 feet? Maybe the AutoTune takes care of this?
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I like that one.

How about a testing a bike with totally screwed up FB/ CO values to see if the Auto tune and compensate for them if it have a "zero" map in the PCV along with it?

I think that would really test the PCV / Auto Tune capabilities.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    For whatever reason, probably consistency across bikes and maybe even some liability (in case the bikes get too hot) the bikes are all dynoed with many fans blowing on them.

Auto tune should take care of this.

I'm now testing a 2008 TE250. That bike does not understand CO1,2,3 or long term O2 valuese numbers so that cannot be experimented with. I will adjust the FB1,2,3 and get the afr across throttle position, and of course confirm the auto tune works as advertised.

Any other things to try on this particular bike?