Arod2000 joins in on the PNW epic trail ride...

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Alex (Arod2000) could not stand the picturs of our amazing ride area and just had to fly out and ride with us. 8 of us rented a house and rode some amazing crap. I think he went home spent and happy. :thumbsup:

tons of pix and vids so we will up date this but here is a taste...

One happy dude...

[IMG]

Arod on Jakes TXC250 (300), sitting at the top...

[IMG]

of this...

[IMG]

heading down...

[IMG]

In the valley below...

[IMG]

Just so much epic riding I can't stop thinking about it...

[IMG]

Chilling waiting for a bike to get fixed... again...

[IMG]

trees to jump...

[IMG]

1932 cabins to find...

[IMG]

BTW the WR144 was still rocking at 7500 feet

[IMG]

[IMG]

Lots more pix and video to come. A great weekend for sure.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    This is going to be a good thread :)
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It will be, lots of good stories. Like leaving a guy in a group of 8 at the far end of the system and getting him out at night :D Lots of brain farts that day/night.
  4. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good God ARod, I hear ya buddy....When you come over to Bama & ride, I think you're gonna leave a little less impressed now. Looks like fun...Glad you did it Can't wait for the vids, stories & more pics.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Good lawd-a-mighty, Kelly! Looks like you guys were riding heaven itself!! Nice! :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    pretty much how we felt about it too. See the last pic with me standing? look right behind me and trail is below. EPIC stuff.
  7. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You having that problem too? :cheers: What a freak'n awesome weekend How did this happen --> :excuseme: ..........the invite was extended and I responded with "I'm unemployed and I have a bunch of frequent flyer miles, don't tempt me". Three weeks later I'm ripping up some gnarly trail with a great group of guys. :cheers: Thanks again to everyone on the trip for inviting me and putting up with me ("I don't snore" :D)

This trip was really great. Not only were we on EPIC trail but the group as a whole could flat-out RIDE :applause: I'd say everyone there was solid B racer speed at a minimum. And this trail was very technical. Very rocky and probably the highest potential danger trail I've ever ridden. I think I didn't mind the single trac on the side of a cliff because you had to focus so much on the trail that you didn't have time to look around and realize one slip up and you're toast :eek: Now the wicked switchbacks played with my mind. I think that was because you slowed down and could peer over the edge and see that if you high-sided you'd probably fall 50 feet or so before coming to a stop. Not to mention I don't think there's a single switchback like those anywhere near Georgia.

Did I mention this was AWESOME??!??!

The trip started out with me getting in a truck driven by a Great Dane (the countryman, not the dog). And what a Great Dane Sonny is :thumbsup: I had a blast riding up with him and learning his life story. Wanna hear it? Ok, here's the condensed version --> Denmark sucks, 180% tax, sell everything, ride across America on the TAT, meet Jake and crew and fall in love with the PNW, stuck in Atlanta airport, get drunk and wake up in a strange house with a strange man. There's much more but that's the condensed version. Did I mention he can't see out of one eye and yet he still rides all crazy and fast like Justin Barcia? (no really, he does. And with only one good eye) His helmet cam is awesome! Just to hear him talk to himself and then laugh when he and his bike almost fall off the face of the earth. Can someone post that helmet cam where the fell the wrong way on the log crossing? P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S :lol::applause:..."I've got it!":lol:

Day one I rode well on the '08 TXC310. That bike and I were like old friends reacquainted. I don't know how to explain it but I didn't have to adjust anything - and I've never even ridden any 310!. It was just right from the get-go. We were riding some seriously technical stuff and I never stalled it where it mattered. I did have issues finding neutral while riding and not being able to find it while parked but I eventually got a pretty good laugh out of that. :lol: The TXC310 is a fantastic bike :thumbsup: The suspension was good too. I've got about 45lbs on Jake so it was a tad on the stiff side but it never deflected and always tracked true. Really good bike :applause: I didn't have a chest protector on day one and I really wanted one because it was rock, sharp rock and sharper rock. But I rode well and only tipped over once. Day two wasn't quite as flawless :D

I borrowed a chest protector from Sonny and I guess it gave me "super-human-retard" confidence :lol: . Jake and I started the day by racing down some partially overgrown single track. We were having a blast and riding well. After those first few miles of trail we regrouped and took off again. I was trying to put a little gap between me and Jake but he'd have none of that. A turn in a creek crossing came up and for some reason my mind thought it was a loamy berm. It wasn't. I ate it. I hit pretty solid into a knocked over tree. That, in turn, tweaked the bar mounts (you know the cone shaped ones). Well, I didn't realize it because the terrain was so rooty and rocky. A short distance later I slammed hard into a rather large rock hidden on the side of the trail. Luckily the skid plate did what it was supposed to do. And of course, both were caught on Jake's helmetcam (I'm sure it will be posted :doh:).

The freak'n trail after the cabin gets trail of the year award in my book :applause:. I mean, every trail was great but that trail was so technical but yet flowed so well. I heart that trail and that's probably what I'll dream about tonight. :thumbsup:

On the plane home I was watching Sonny's helmet cam footage on my laptop. Sorry Sonny, but I was trying hard to fight back laughter when you fell the wrong way and then again when you got "jousted". That wasn't funny but for some reason it kinda was :excuseme: .The lady beside me really enjoyed the footage.

Jake is one smooth rider and one generous dude. I owe ya a ton my friend and I hope I can repay the favor someday :thumbsup: It was great to meet Kelly after reading his helpful and accurate posts over the years. Shane, great meeting you. Too bad we only got to ride together for one day :lol::lol: Joe, Rollie, Ken - keep an eye on your junk, you never know when it may get bigger :lol: Sonny, you're probably the only one that will come visit since you're a world traveler. Don't forget you have a dirtbike waiting for you in Georgia. :thumbsup:

Seriously guys, THANK YOU :thumbsup:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That was a great weekend Alex, glad you could join us. You fit right in with our crazy crowd. :cheers: Some guys come to ride with us and get there asses handed to them, as it is so different than many places, you did great! You rode the cliffy stuff like you had been there done that. Wish you could have seen Scott (TXC450 on the first day) ride more, the guy is amazing, super smooth and faster than all of us by a good margin. Great group with epic trail on a perfect weeeknd in a cool town, what more could you ask for. Well you probably could have used a real bed :lol:

Take care buddy. :thumbsup:
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    super good thread. super nice ride.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Very cool riding indeed!:cheers:
  11. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Looks epic, for sure!

Wish I could have gone. Where did u guys go?

And poor Jake.... having to play sweep again. What a guy :thumbsup:
  12. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sweep? He didn't play sweep, I promise you. Just ask Shane :lol::lol::lol:

This pic looks like something from an advertisement. Jake took the pic and that's Sonny on the right. Great shot :thumbsup::applause:

[IMG]
  13. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Damn, you beat me to it :D
  14. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Shane played clean up then. Not too surprising.
    That's what your boys' punishment is for being faster than the rest of us!

At least I got to sit around and feel sorry for myself. Trying to 'will' my leg back into one piece. It didn't work :excuseme:
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Great stuff guys :thumbsup:. Alex, those guys rock and you are lucky to have managed the trip, it looks definitely like epic stuff.

Walt
  16. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Looks like someplace i know of, been there once and gotta goback before it gets outlawed too
  17. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Arod,

You make that 310 look like a toy! How tall are you? What an event to be able to participate in for sure!
  18. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm 6'3". I like Husky's because they fit (regardless of what that picture shows). You should see me on my Yamaha. :)
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You would look hilarious on a GasGas.
  20. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

AROD, I wondered why the GOR site was so quiet lately ! (www.georgiaoffroad.com) Awesome Ride Report.... JHunter