1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2010/11 125/150 Suspension Spring rates

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Vinduro, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What spring rates are on the 2010 125 WR and the 2011 150WR ?
    I weigh about 180lbs and my shock spring is too light. With 103mm rider sag , I am only getting 20mm static. It should be more like 35-40mm. on rear. The forks on the other hand are too stiff. I am only getting 63mm rider sag. They should be sagging about 75-80mm for better turning in the woods. The basic rule of thumb on front forks is 25% of available travel should be sag. I see MXers running 63mm but they have berms to use and jump more. Offroaders need the sag for quicker turning in tight woods. My valving seems perfect (done by Hall's) but I need to get the spring rates right.
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hall's parts manager, (Raymond), found out that stock the 125 and 150 have .42 kg fork springs and a 5.0 shock spring. I ordered .40 and a 5.2 kg springs from Hall's. They had them in stock.
    Hope this helps more than me since it seems nobody seems to know what their stock spring rates are.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Thanks Dwight,
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    What forks do the 2010-11 have?

The stock Marzocci fork springs in Shane's 2009 were .44, and the shock was 5.2. That is what my suspension guy tested them at. The shock was supposed to be a 5.0 on the wr125, and 5.2 on my TXC but both shock springs tested the same. I put the .44's in my 08 TXC forks to replace the .49's that came stock.

Later,
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They have Marzzocci 50mm forks. Hard to believe that some ones 125 came with .44 springs. I ran .42 fork springs on my KTM 530EXC. 2008 KTM 250XCFW came with .42 fork springs and I went down to .40 springs to get correct sag. Worked great. You need 25% of available fork travel in rider sag or the bike won't turn correctly. You want 33-34% in rider sag on the rear shock.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Vinduro,

Are they the twin chamber forks? How much do you weigh with all your gear on?

Jay left my front springs in my twin chambers, adjusted my sag in the front and revalved.

The rear, I went up one spring size and revalved.

Darin
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I believe they are the open chamber type forks. Seem to work OK. I am changing the fork springs because they won't sag enough for 25% (75-80mm) rider sag. Stock I was getting 63mm. Stock travel 300mm (11.8"). I weigh 178-180lbs nayked. I check my sags usually with street clothes on, wearing my fanny pack. I check sag when sitting on seat just slightly rear of "Saddle". I can look down and seem my legs just behind the footpegs. I do this so I get a more consistant measurement than standing which can shift weight more than sitting.
    I plan on setting rear sag to 100mm. Stock travel is 295mm (11.6"). 33%-34% = 97mm-100mm.
    This should make the suspension work better and easier to get on and off the bike as I will have more static sag.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    EZ way to tell is the open chambers have a single part silver fork cap and the twin chambers have a two part cap with the red center.

I have seen husky spring rates all over the place. I'm 205-210 and got my suspension done at House of Horsepower / Cannon racecraft with a 5.2 rear and some fancy proprietary progressive springs up front.
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Single part silver fork cap. The only reason I am changing springs is to get my sags right otherwise they felt pretty good. But I know they will work better when set correctly.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Just a point of info.... Sag settings on Huskys are usually more accurate standing than sitting. Friend just went through this on his '10. Closed chamber forks on the '09 has internal pre load adjuster, so you can work more with the stock springs.
  11. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norman, why would standing be more accurate than sitting ? Standing you tend to lean back more or lean forward more. Just bending your knees changes where your weight bias is. That is why I sit. I sit in same spot every time and assume same riding stance on bars. I get consistant measures that way. I know some like to stand when measureing but when we do that we get up to 10mm differnces in measurements.
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I do wish they did have an external preload adjuster on the forks or even nylon sims like KTM.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My 94 WXC250 with Showa forks has stock preload adjusters!!! Works well too. All forks should have them. :thumbsup:
  14. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Rub it in !!!

Lol
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dwight,
    the 09's were weird. Were "supposed" to have single chamber but can only speculate that since the 09 CR was a rare beast in the states and abroad, many WR got the twin chamber CR forks in 09. Drew did mine and they were crazy stiff .44 on the front and I think the 5.2 has been all years to present. We/he changed to .40's for me up front and 5.0 on the back. Also changed rear to bladder as the stock rear piston is large and the sealing O-ring is very wide (big sticion factor). Much better on woods stuff now. Spike knows.
    BTW I do adjust my sag sitting and just lightly tippy toeing with calves in front of pegs and touching as lightly as possible. Puts weight where I am positioned most in woods.

Joe
  16. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 2008 cr125 seems to have heavy springs for a 125. I am 200 pound and just ride motocross and they seem a little light but not bad compared to my boy 2010 yz 125 I am way to heavy for his spring set-up. Also heard the 2008 cr125 45mm fork where different on some bikes. Mine has the ohlin rear shock. Getting suspesion done this winter hope it helps with harsh forks on hardpacked tracks.
  17. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

WOW, WIERD. I just pulled my shock. It has a spring that is marked 5.4kg. Hall's sent me a 5.2kg to replace the stock 5.0kg . I am checking the preload compression now on the spring that is on the shock. Hard to believe that a 5.4 spring hasn't much static sag for a 180lb rider (naked) and set for 100mm rider sag. I am double checking. The 5.4kg looks like it has less coils than the 5.2kg.
    Dwight
  18. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

A 5.4 is strange. My 09 had a 5.2 and I replaced it with a 5.4, but I am 195 pounds. I think it is hard to get a lot of static sag on these bikes because then are very light.
  19. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now another mystery. The springs that I got (.40) to replace the .42kg springs are too long. The packaging says they are for a Marzzochi 50mm and they are the correct diameter but they are 30mm too long. They are 465mm long and the ones in the bike are 435mm long. WHAT GIVES ???
  20. PeterHB Husqvarna
    AA Class

The new longer springs is for a marzocchi twinchamber forks. Singel chamber forks use a shorter springs