NEW tc250 AT MOTOCROSS DIGITAL

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Troy F Collins, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Great introduction.....although I would have liked to see what they come up with on the scale and the dyno too....

This is also an extremely oversquare engine(than anyone elses)....designed by an ex yamaha engine guru

Its interesting to see the super imposed drawing of old and new engine...gives you and idea of how compact it is

being realistic...due to limited availability...this model wont be readily available until 2010 ....it would be nice if husqvarna has them ready for late summer or fall 09 for an all out attack......
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sweet! 2010 TE 250 gets the new engine, 6 speed tranny and FI. They already tested the engine up to 300cc too!
  3. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Drool..... Smack.....Drool....

Please send more to the US....
  8. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Could'nt agree more!
  9. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I also notice a few other things....being an extremely oversquare design..this engine will obviously be a top end screamer....notice how long the headpipe is to try to get back some of the low end and midrange...inherent to the short stroke design

Large bore...short stroke equals lower piston speed.....this is why Fenici claims long piston life....the downside of this is a wide flat combustion camber will have a long flame front...thus harder to get complete burn at low speeds.....its really designed as a high speed engine with large valve area..as the bore and stroke ratio is getting close to F1 levels....very daring for husqvarna to try this.....for eg..bore and stroke ratio for the old engine was 1.37..the new one is 1.55 !!! F1 engines are around 1.6 to 1.7 approx.

Also notice that it appears the light finger follower valve train is gone......in favor of inverted bucket design....indestructable yes.....but the lash caps will be under the buckets..and we all know what that means.....

one thing is for sure.....husky wont be sharing the crankcases of all their models anymore..this one is a kickass purpose built 250 power unit
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes, I have a trail bike with that design and I'm thankful that the clearances don't change too often on it. Yes, more time consuming, but not too bad.:cool:
  11. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's a great article with some very thorough detailed pics, one of the best I've seen on any bike, the cross-section photos are a real nice touch. The english translation is good for a laugh in some areas too.

The writer totally missed the point on one item. It mentions the shock and linkage is moved slightly to one side to allow room for the exhaust on the left side :banghead::confused:. It actually all starts with the engineers designing the carb intake/airbox for a straighter air flow which in turn moves the shock to the right and not allowing enough room for a typical right side exhaust, but creates ample room on the left.
  12. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes the translation.......I have learned that "torque" is translated as "back"

it is what it is.....laugh