1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Dented clutch cover

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by nqjim, Nov 21, 2009.

1. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yesterday my WR300 fell over after the poxy self-retracting stand did its self-retracting trick again. When I started the bike I could hear a strange noise when I pulled the clutch in. I stopped and had a look and noticed that my clutch cover has a nice little dent where the shifter hit it. Has anyone had any success with fixing one of these? I'm thinking that a solid whack with a plastic hammer should do the job, but any suggestions are welcome.

By the way, the two KTM riders who were with me took great joy from criticizing the stand design on the Husky.
  2. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    F&*%k the Katooms- they've got Husky envy:thumbsup:
    The cover is metal- I would pull it off and grind down the inside if it's not leaking oil. Sanding and applying epoxy should seal a leak but if you hit it it will prob crack more before bending out.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'll have to agree. There is a substantial amount of reinforcement webbing on the inside of the casting. Find the offending spot and remove enough material to stop the rubbing, or get a new one.

I just got one from Hall's and it was about $77.00.

I had a big crash at the Ironman and the shift cracked the cover. It was thin from the shifter getting into it a few times. I'll throw some epoxy on it and keep it for a spare.
  4. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah,...+2. That magnesium isn't as flexible as aluminum, and it's already been stretched there once now. If I did try to tap it out, I'd heat it with a propane torch first. That'll probably discolor the finish on the outer side though.
  5. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

I checked the pricing at the local shop today and retail price was just over $300 for a clutch cover. Our local is an excellent shop - they did offer to do it for cost for me.

I'll try repairing the old one before I go shelling out for a new one. I might have to see if I can get one sent over from the States if that's the difference in the parts pricing.
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The part is been in use for many years from the 250..........check e bay
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    WOW! :eek: $300 for the cover alone?

I'd start looking on ebay like Joe Chod or contact Hall's here in the states and see what they can do for you.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thats sound way high to me check around as suggested. Hey you can fix that cheaper than they can fix their lack of suspension/handling on their pumpkins. Good luck.
  9. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah that's ridiculous even by OEM parts standards. Are you quite sure they hadn't misunderstood and priced you a left side cover complete?
  10. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nope, just the clutch cover. I was quite surprised at the price, to say the least...
  11. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

clutch cover

lots of small soft blows with a rawhide mallet. works much better then 1 or 2 blows with a metal hammer. i would try it without the heat first. :thumbsup::thumbsup: