1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 TXC250 ride #2

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got out again yesterday with a big group. Ran into every condition from sun and loam to rocks and slick to a foot of snow. Was a real fun day. I had richened up my EFI prior to riding it and went to far. As my iBeat stuff has not arrived i decided to take the SA out to lean it out. The bike ran better, started great and idled a lot better. Not a ton louder than with the screen in but really louder than I like. BUT, the result was 450 like power. Huge bark and snap off the bottom, big mid and ripped on top. I have no issues with power form this motor. More would be a problem in the woods. I chased good friend and AA rider on a KXF450 and the motor was not limiting at all even on a few big open hills where power was king. With the SA out it is actually slightly lean again off the bottom and there is now a slight pop on de'cell.

EFI:
    SA in run 106/110/110
    SA out bet 113/115/115 is the ticket

The bike continues to feel super light, turn perfect, suspesnion rules, bike just feels great and does what you tell it. The motor rocks. Nothing I would really change or do to the bike, it is just a great package as is.

[IMG]

Adams 07 WR250 has 900 miles on his Motoz tires and they still hook up like velcro

[IMG]

It's lonely out front waiting for the group all the time :busted:

[IMG]

Today had everything, rocks, logs, mud, snow, down trees...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    more pix...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

900 miles and still hooking up good. Adam is amazed.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I took off all hair on fire and came into a fast corner, grabed some front brake and all of a sudden was endoing. WTF? There was the end of a root sticking out of a stump that cought perfectly in between my rim and tire. Fun stuff. Luckily I had just started leading again so everyone got to see my up hill endo. :D

[IMG]
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Fricking awsome Kelly. How did it do on gas this time? Just wonder if the more uncorked hp leads to less throttle and better mileage. Please mount up some motoz's before we think you like the stock tires more.:lol:

Walt
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We did a lot of snow riding so i have yet to get a real MPG figure.

- Motoz go on today. I hated those Mich's and the motor overwhlmed them on demand. Got some very meaty Enduro S/T to go on there :thumbsup:
  5. lineman12345678 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It was a good day. Great practice for your trials skills. Kelly you must love that bike because you wouldn't let me ride it. :excuseme:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You should have / could have but said you were lovin the GG :thumbsup: Fun stuff.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Great ride report and if those Mich's are the same one's that came on my 09 TXC510 you can see why I picked up some Motoz from you.
  8. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do the '10's use the same close ratio 6 sp as before, or has Husky finally widened the upper ratios out a bit like folks have been asking for?
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Now thats a good ride report- I just looooove pictures (and vids). Top job.

Cheers.
  10. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ditto the comment about gearing compared to previous years 250's.

NC
  11. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    In the one pic it looks like the 2 st is resting and having a smoke.
  12. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've read some about the 450's having "vibration" issues. I was just wondering what you thought about the 250 and vibrations?

Also, have you ridden any other bikes, say like the crf250x, or wr250 and how the new 250 might compare to it?
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I feel it is pretty smooth although i never had issues with any of the other models like the 08 TXC450 I had. I guess I am impervious to vibration :D

these are my opinions below, please don't get upset if you own one of these and disagree with me, just my thought as they work for me.

Rode a good buddys decked out and $$$ CRF250X. I must admit I am not a Honda fan. That bike felt really good ergonomically and the brakes and suspesnion were real good. The motor was OK but seemed thin and lifeless / shallow. Not sure how to put it to words just no real meat to it. It was nosy, hard to start and the power was just OK to me. I hate the way Hondas turn, never liked any of the aluminum framed Hondas. To me they push the front end hard. When we traded off the CRFx owner kept commenting how good the husky turned. This was a little while back. IMHO the 2010 TXC250 blows the CRF250x away.

I have ridden many YZF250's, I like them. Have not tried an aluminum framed WR250F. They have great motors, good suspesnion and are well built. The handling is real middle of the road and not all that great IMHO. i would rate them above the CRFx.

I rode a KXF and an RMZ 250 a while back. I really liked both those bikes, the motor, how they turn etc. i think the quality and build is a couple steps behind. they do not offer a good off road version like the TXC.

the 2010 TXC250 freaking rules no matter what the mags say. :D Every single person who has tried mine LOVES it. It is a fantastic bike right out of the crate. If ever there was a bike you could puck up, toss hand guards on and race, this is it. Nimble, fast, very responsive and everything works great. it has all the great qualities of my 09 WR125 with a superb E-start EFI motor.
  14. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I have a great time on my 250x but after coming off a kdx200 it seemed like night and day to me. I think it works really well in the woods and such but does have it's faults. Its nice to hear that you think it handles better and has more power then the X. I find myself torn between another 250 and a 450 even though I really like the sounds of a 310 or 400. I could use more power for hills and sand washes but still don't want it to be overly tiring with weight and such, hence the vibration question. This is why the new 250 sounds good to me.

Thanks again and keep us posted on your experiences.
    DW
  15. birdman Husqvarna
    A Class

I just read a comparo on the MX 250F's (Ktm, Husky, Honda, kwaka, yami) 2010 models, according to the testers the Husky came in well behind the rest of the bikes which really surprises me as i have read some of the reports on here which tell a very different story. The common theme was that the Husky really lacked in top end power compared to the other bikes and did not handle as well as any of them either, the ergos also did not rate compared to the others!

On a positive they did say that the Husky steered awsome and changed lines really well with good front end now that it has Jap forks on it! They felt that the motor was not reaching its full potential though which seems really strange given that its a new donk.

They did not completely can the bike, just that it is well behind the others in most areas, would this be fair comment?
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow and I thought my son's 2010 TC250 was perfect. Those jap bikes MUST be in a world of their own; or the testers are. I can only compare the Tc250 to the one other 250F I've ridden; the Yamaha 250F. Between the two IMO there is no comparison. The Husky stomps it in every area completely and totally.
  17. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I race my 250X in HS and enduros. I have gotten numerous dead engine holeshots on this bike on the A line. The bike feels slow, but it's deceptive. I like everything about it, except it is a pain to work on. Mine is four years old now and has tons of hours and been reliable. Parts are easy to find, what little I've needed.

I'm a Husky fan from way back and currently have two in my garage (two strokes). It's getting time to replace my 250X and I'd like to try the TXC 250. But until they put a tank on that can get 50 miles, it's a deal breaker for me. I don't want to refuel at a HS and need a 50 mile range for enduros. Plus it's nice for trail riding too. When you guys on your fast TXC's are sitting trailside empty, please wave when I go by on my slow 250X.

On another note, I'm not sold on EFI yet. I was on a 200 mile trail ride with 12 bikes. The only bike not to finish the ride was a 450 Husky. The fuel pump died. Nobody had an extra pump with them (hard to imagine). He had to get pulled back by an ATV. I heard it cost $450 to replace, because it is part of the gas tank. Ouch.

Bring back carbs and large tanks. Yea, I'm old, but sometimes simplicity is a good thing.
  18. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

You own a 250x and you think a Husky with EFI is too complicated because one guy had a breakdown on a trail ride? Do you mean to tell me that on every other ride you have been on nobody had a breakdown that required a tow??

Even XR400s need a tow sometimes...trust me I know. :lol:

BTW did you read Kelly's report on how easy it is to set up the EFI with the IBeat software?
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    you seem to have taken offense to my post. It was my opinion and i flat said i have never been a big fan of Hondas. i don;t like riding 07 and older KTM's ether. that said there is nothing wrong with these bikes, many people LOVE them and race them successfully. It is simply my opinion based on my riding other bikes. Nothing wrong with any of these bikes, ride what works for you. I must say I do hate working on CRF's, so complicated and what is EZ on some other bikes takes hours on the CRF. Specifically rejetting the carb and doing thew valves. For a breakdown story I was riding with a friend on a CRF250x and he had crap in the carb. It was so bad he was crashing because of an intermittent bog. It took him almost an hour and a half on the trail to pull the subframe to get tot he carb and then take the carb apart and reinstall it all. He had parts all over the trail. It was a mess. I rode a loop and came back and they were still working on it. All bikes have pluses and minuses.

Yes, the fuel pump issue can happen. it seems very isolated and one local buddy admittedly burnt his up himself from running it a log time dry. I love the EFI so far. Part of the reson for getting this bike was for the EFI and understanding it.
  20. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

No I'm not offended. Just seems every thinks the 250X is not a "race" bike. It is very capable if the rider is. The bike was voted Bike of Year by several mags when it first came out. Of course those same mags say the new TC/TXC is slow.

I would never attempt doing carb changes to any four stroke on the trail, other than the air screw. The X is a royal pain in the ass to change jets. Practically requires removal of the back half of the bike. It took me three casual evenings to change the throttle cables, because of having to take everything apart to get to them. Good thing is, you don't have to do this very often. I would never attempt it on the trail. I'd be there for a week. I've got a 450 EXC and it's carb accessibility is only marginally better. Heck when I got my WR250, I thought carb changes would be a snap, but you still have to remove the tank, to get the needle out. But that's child's play compared to the four stroke nightmares.

Bottom line is, if I can get a TXC to run 45-50 miles on a tank of gas, I may consider buying one.