Campo to Cabo 2010

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by BCVisin, Mar 22, 2010.

1. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

So I'm sitting at SanDHusky's house in Campo right now, getting the last few things together for our trip. 6 days from Campo (right across the border from Tecate) to Cabo San Lucas! The trailer is hooked up to the chase truck and all the gear and tools are packed. My dad is running chase the whole way down, and I am driving the truck, trailer, and bikes back. We are just waiting for the other riders to show up tomorrow morning and we are on our way! First night is in San Felipe at Jimmy G's house in Casa Verde. Will post back tomorrow night! We depart at 07:00 hours tomorrow morning. Here are the SPOT links for the riders and the chase truck.

Chase Truck SPOT: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=06E2Lq3vvqLPaq0DPsQtO7uSJZmgZ0Pqk

My SPOT: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=02fWrMBYm9l3aC3rcMhIJQWZD5Vqky9Dz

Eric's SPOT: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0mUIx2grEYuVOoSIcs6FVHmsrLfnS2aXq

Viva La Baja!

-Blake
  2. bajahusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

lucky bastards:thumbsup:
  3. Jerulator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Be careful down there and keep the rubber side down ! :popcorn:
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    have a good safe ride
  5. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have fun! Kinda redundant cuz I know you will! Can't wait for pix!
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome Blake, lots of pix please. Did I miss a post with your bike all done? Have a great time man. :thumbsup:
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    the campo rancho de mitch is nice place to start.
    i told him we need to create a nice special test course on his property. I walked it and the endless corner/snake course was easily shown in the lay of the land. dang and he a great taco team serving up the camaron y tacos pescado!! you guys have a good one!! you are all in good company with your entire group. RN
  8. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Looks like you are having fun Blake! :thumbsup:

:cheers:
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    referring to the note by Seve (on the other linked site),,,,,,,,to all everywhere, use single track discipline, NO CORNER Cutting, anyone can straighten out flowing and abrupt curve lines, stick to the single track, and enjoy the ride and the challenge of holding the line. RN

we have been having the same issues in our local snake trails, not looking to make it easy, if so we could just draw a bee line from point to point.
  11. bajahusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

was going to respond to seve comments in the link, but i will bite my tongue!!!

don't forget to have a good time!
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Although this is a forum based on typed text, writing is a terrible way to communicate (in general). Often what is typed can be taken out of context, or at least people may not type enough background information to paint an entire picture of a situation in every single post. In addition there are no verbal inflections, and we need to rely on smilies. :)

So I find when in doubt, don't assume the worst. Things are easily misunderstood on forums.

:cheers:
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    the crew is in cabo, having cervezas all is good
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks Robert, I was a bit worried with some of the other reports coming in (mechanical).
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    explanation from up above, got text msgd from mitch.

"we're in cabo all good just checking in epic ride beer flowing now"

that sounds about as good as it gets!!
  16. knevo Husqvarna
    A Class

did i run into you guys in trinidad? one of the fellas in that group hurt his ankle pretty bad, and was going to try and get to san felipe?
  17. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Yep,that was us. You guys had just finished lunch and we had just pulled in for lunch.

He rode on it for another 3 days (4 days total), before lending his bike to another rider to finish the trip on and he rode in the chase truck the rest of the way.

He went to the doc yesterday and finally found out what was wrong...broken tib/fib in 3 spots in his ankle. Will need surgery....Tough guys are cool

Mitch.
  18. knevo Husqvarna
    A Class

wow, that is one tough dude! i got to tell ya, there was so much moisture in the ground, we followed your tracks for miles! glad to hear you all had a great trip.
  19. Scootskipper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Kawasaki Z900RS, 1971 Bultaco
    Thanx for sharing! Great video!