1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc @009 Wr 300 hard start cold.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wrsrule, Oct 7, 2013.

1. wrsrule Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr 300
    My dependable Husky used to faithfully start 1st or second kick every time.Now intermittently does not have spark or spark is week.Once started after fifty or so kicks it fires right off and runs like a banshee all day,starts first kick.It is definitely not a fuel problem.I,m thinking cdi box and coil but also have concerns about the stator.Who can tell me how to test stator and if these are a problem or not?
  2. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Checked compression lately? Plus I throw a new plug in my ever 6-8 rides. Cheap insurance and wont hurt starting
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    When was the last time you cleaned the pilot jet? Could be part of the hard start problem as well.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

you have taken the words out of my mouth several times today. We are on the same page on a lot of stuff.
    454x likes this.
  5. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    My 250 has gotten that way too. Clean jets and new plug. Starts fine once warmed up. I'm thinking it needs a new top end...
  6. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I forgot to mention I had similar starting issues due to bad Reeds , it doesn't take long to check them while your cleaning the pilot jet...
  7. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    He says it had intermittent spark when starting..sounds like something other then the pilot jet? Have you tried the new plug others have suggested? Same weak spark after?
  8. wrsrule Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr 300
    Turns out the ignition coil and cdi box replacement fixed the problem.Funny that before replacement once it started it ran and started all day.After replacement first kick showed a nice hot blue snappy spark.After I installed plug first kick it kicked back on me almost breaking my foot.I had flip flops on dangit.Put Alpinstars on and kicked her over again and fired up like new.Bike also has more power than it has had in awhile due to the week spark and cdi box not working right.Now i can take every thing bad I said about Lectron carbs cause coincidentally that is when my problem started.
  9. Rogercopythat Get R done! Yip Yah!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 stroke Satria
    Check the power band.
    Or the CDI, spark plug, is it to rich at the end of a ride?

Attached Files: