1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 01 cr125 stuffed power valve (help)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Dirt_drifter, May 4, 2013.

1. Dirt_drifter Husqvarna
    A Class

So i rescued a 01 cr125 that has had a hard life. I've since replaced every chassis bearing and just done the fork seals and rebound needle O rings as they covered me in oil out the top caps.

So i took it for it's first MX outing today hoping for good things. It became immediately apparent that something was up with the PV as sometimes it had heaps of top and no bottom and then others no top and plenty of bottom.
    I presumed the PV was just stuck and needed some riding to free up. This didn't work. I pulled off the Round cap and a battered up pin just fell out. See pics below. The thing with the grooves on it also was just flopping around. I have since ordered a whole new assembly from ebay for $40. Problem is the shaft that goes through the cylinders teeth are worn. Can this be rotated to use the more fresh teeth on the top and sides?
    Can anyone that's used to dealing with these engines see anything else wrong? 20130504_162724.jpg 20130504_162751.jpg 20130504_165150.jpg 20130504_165202.jpg
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I have the same issue with the teeth and still riding with it (yours look for sure more worn then mine)
    you have also more wear marks on the bit wear the balls run in then on my bike.

I have it on my list to order also I tried to fiddle around with the shaft but in my believe you can not just rotate it to the unused bit

my issue is also that the linkage has to much free play for my liking (also on the list)

Robert-Jan