1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 02 WR250 H/L Wiring

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mkfox, May 21, 2013.

1. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    I tried searching site before asking, but couldn't find my older model. I need to wire in headlamp on A 2002 WR250. I have a manual, but not really any help since it shows USA model only has one yellow wire from stator to voltage regulator which i found. I have been told this is an AC system, and I have never worked on anything but DC. It was already wired for HL, but I wanted to clean it up. It appears someone had yellow power combined with ground from HL, and ground wire then attached to coil mounted to frame downtube. The headlamp worked, but this just doesn't seem right. I want to do it properly so as not to damage any internal parts. Headlamp only, tail/brake horn and such are wired to recharchable battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Hi MKfox
    You are right the yellow wire is an AC circuit for the lighting/stop/tail/turn signals and horn. Tha chassis is the ground.
    If you want to run the head light and be able to switch it on and off and between high and low beam you will need to introduce a switch into the circuit. If you just want to continuously run the high beam, for example, connect the the yellow wire to the headlight and ground the other side of the bulb to the chassis.
    You will have to make sure that the yellow wire runs via the voltage regulator and is TOTALLY separated from the DC system.
  3. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
  4. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    Thank you. I have that same manual right here. The wiring diagram does not have wiring to lights for USA model. I just don't want to hook something up incorrectly and damage any expensive internal parts.
  5. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    If the output wires from the stator are the same then you could use the europe diagram, is there some motor laws that you need to adhere to ?