1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 04 cr125 rebuild questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zilly, Nov 26, 2010.

1. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Ok,
    My son and I have been working on his cr this fall/winter. Just doing some basic maintenance stuff-break pads/fluid, bearings, pipe repair and muffler repack and changing all the fluids to get ready for spring and or late winter riding if we get the chance.

This bike is new to us this summer and was ridden very gently by him as we are trail riders almost 100% of the time.

The question I have now is should I pull the cylinder and check the piston as well? This bike runs excellent starts 2nd kick for him and 1st for me. I haven't compression tested it yet (I will do this) but I didn't have a base line so not too sure if that will give me the info I need. I don't want to be lazy but I also hesitate to break something that's already fixed...

I don't know if this matters or not but it has the pwk carb and I plan to put a flywheel weight on it as well.

Any advice?
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Pull the pipe and inspect the piston through the exhaust port. You will be able to see if there has been blow by causing discoloring or carbon build up on the piston below the rings.
  3. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Ok.
    thanks, will do.