1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 04 WR250 to CR conversion

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by joedirtbike418, Mar 9, 2011.

1. joedirtbike418 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey guys. A while back my brother and I were dissatisfied with his 04 wr 250's powerband. We like to hit up the mx tracks and ride pretty hard at the desert as well. We felt that the top end power shut off to early and abruptly, and the hit down low was to quick and violent, causing lots of wheelspin. To remedy this, we installed a 04 cr 250 stator and ignition box, and almost immediatly the bike felt 100% better. Low end ridablility was not sacraficed too much, but the bike had a much better top end performance and the powerband was more linear. My bro was happy with it but I took it one step further by adding a pro circuit platnum seires expansion chamber with a shorty, and all I can say is wow. The previous non-exsistant top end was replaced with a usable powerband (even more so than with the cr ignition) and had a beautiful over-rev without the feeling of cut-off. Main point I wrote this is because I believe these performance mods made the bike much more rideable and userfreindly in all riding situations. Sorry I dont have any pics of the bike due to the fact that its currently in AZ with my bro. If you guys want help or need to know part numbers for the swap, I can provide. Oh yea, its got all white plastics now and some cool red and white cemoto graphics. I personally dig it over the traditional blue and yellow :)

One last mod we have not yet attempted (waiting for a top end rebuild) was to install the new vforce 3 reed valves over the deltas that come stock. They will fit and they are available through moto tassarini or husky directly. Very minor porting of the intake tract is neccessary to have the reed valve assembley fit perfectly, and can be done with a file and some patience.