1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 06 cr125 going to 144. suggestions for my questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by HxcEnduRo, Nov 26, 2010.

1. HxcEnduRo Husqvarna
    AA Class

i recently obtained a 2006 cr125 with four rides on it. after riding it for my second time on thanksgiving i had an absolute blast on it. im 200 lbs, a heavier 125 rider but find myself just as fast on my 125 on the track as with my 250.. my question for the community here is, is going to the eg 144 kit really worth the coin to get it done .. will i really notice the difference? also i've seen in a couple threads that some had crank issues after a couple rides and im curious if anyone else has had this issue.. also what kind and where can i get a pipe for this that will complement the power.. thanks
  2. HxcEnduRo Husqvarna
    AA Class

:bump: also jetting for sea level i.e. central coast california
  3. Tom Husqvarna
    A Class

I put the kit on an 06 Wr125 and have had no dramas whatsoever. Its got more power everywhere. I've left my jetting the same mostly because I can't be bothered to change it, but I think its too rich down low. If I leave the bike idling for 5 mins it will foul a plug, which it didn't do as a 125.
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Id recommend getting the OEM kit and keeping the original head and power valves as spare for future use or replacement .
  5. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

I have an egorr 144 on my 08 cr 125. I did it after I burned a piston. It definitely made the bike easier to ride in the techy stuff. I went for more bottom and mid. If I knew how to jet better I don't know if I would have gone with the 144. A properly jetted 125 in the hands of a capable 2t rider should handle just about anything
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    If you send yours to EG. I would put a note in the box to make sure that whomever chamfers the ports, do a good job, not a half rush job. I have one that I just bought that was seized from running lean. I went in to do a little port work and about 50% of the ports weren't even chamfered and are razor sharp. I am surprised the ring didn't get caught or this could of contributed to the seize.

Thanx

Darin
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm running the OEM kit (that we sell) and so is a buddy of mone. Zero issues, adds noticeable power everywhere and makes it much more forgiving. Well worth it IMHO.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I second going to the OEM kit. Much better quality than EG and you have your original for back up/re-sale. If you are going to just have yours bored to 144 don't mess with EG, just take it to George at Uptite and he will do a great job for you. It will be reliable. Also he is in Santa anna which is your neck of the woods.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I have quite a bit of time on my 167 and no bottom end problems or any evidence of problems whatsoever. The 167 is noticeably heavier than the 144 or 125 piston sets. Also if you are going to be doing most of your riding on mx tracks, I would go with the 144 as it will rev farther than the 167 and still give you a noticeable bump over the 125 everywhere(George will want you to do a 167;)).
  10. HxcEnduRo Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks.. that is more less what i was expecting to hear, im affraid I cant coin up for the oem 150 kit.. do you know what uptite charges for the 144 kit? this bike will primarily be an mx bike so i think im sold on the 144 kit. be it through who>> idk, but i would like to keep the money in california if possible. now effence to the other states, just all california money keeps going to mexico? Also does anyone have a in on where i can score a works doma pipe for this?
  11. HxcEnduRo Husqvarna
    AA Class

i also called malcom smith in so. california, he said that they get 823.99 for the oem kit.. does anyone know where i can get the oem 150 kit cheaper>?