1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 06 sm 125 alternator timing off any 1?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jimf, May 5, 2013.

1. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    started bolting up the engine yesterday came to put in the alternator but the markings are off say 3-5mm and the alt is all the way as far as the bolt holes will let me if you know what I mean its defo the right part check part no,anybody else same problem??
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Can you post a picture please

normally there is a 3 mm to play with to retard or advance the firing point (again depending on sensor set up)

now these days it just a simple bold on affair and it should run (not much what you can do wrong)

Robert-Jan
  3. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    sorry I should have posted pics, ill get some after work today,someone has already made there own markings by using permanent marker pen, strange
  4. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    here is the pics she is off I suppose I could make the hole wider but it should;nt be off

CAM00118.jpg CAM00120.jpg CAM00121.jpg
  5. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Assuming that the ignition coil is in the right position (right under) the holes should not be adapted to fit or able to runn

if you need a bigger advance then original it is set up for there is something else wrong

I would not really go on the pen marks

bold it on as it original is intent to be (the middle of the slot holes) and give it a test run
    you can always play with retarding it or advance it

when it is not running at all it could be a problem in the CDI but check first the normal setting

Robert-Jan
  6. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    theres defo a spark,before I bought the bike he kicked it a couple of times and it was a sunny day and the spark was really bright also if the cdi was knackered my rear brake light would;nt come on ? but it did,maybe someone on here could break out a 8mm spanner (if they have the same alternator) and could check theres maybe throw up some photos,I would be really gratefull just thinking maybe its been retarded for a reason to ease the boost for the road legal version perhaps?? im not working today my reg/rec should be here this morning from ebay so ill make up a quick wiring harness (loom) I cant I need a woodruff key doh!! I bought a new one but was to big that was from husky dealer looks like ebay again
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Technically, you are supposed to set the IGN timing with a dial indicator screwed in the spark plug hole.

I think the specs are in the owners manual.

I bet then these motors are made they just put all the stators in the same place for every motor.

Check it an see.

I guess you could feed in advance until it starts to ping then back it off a touch and be done with it.
  8. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    so update, the reg didnt come today,i made a new woodruff key I had some spare 3mm thick steel kicking about, put the alternator on the pen markings,took the head off and made sure it was tdc then put on magneto,kicked it a few times loadsa spark can hear it crackling to,i really need new nikasil plating the edges in the ports are really sharp needs deburred big time,its just a pain in the rear having to take off put back on take off put back on,,,,,,,ive just realised I cant advance cause that's as far as she will go clockwise I would need to make longer holes and I could only manage say 2-3mm max then she would be spot on with the timing on the crankcase,,,still thinking lets just say the markings are spot on, why should the piston be tdc if the markiings are spot on and the magneto is 100% magnet all the way round ,also the magneto only goes on one way with the woodruff key,,,,I know ktm doesn't have to be tdc just put on markings?????
  9. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    I don't want to step on anyones toes or cause an argument,i put on a fresh topend and I was really curious to see, so I put on pen markings the made a new woodruff key pushed the kickstart with my hand to put the piston anywere but not tdc or bdc put on the flywheel torqed up and she fired right up,it says in the manual I think out by 0.17 of a inch (17 degress) so she will be left alone like that she has probably been done by that by factory perhaps,but hay she starts and stops,
  10. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Now that its running you can dial her in.