1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '06 WR 250 New Owner Questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by hershez, Oct 23, 2011.

1. hershez Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey guys!
    So two weeks ago I ended up trading my '03 YZ250F that I had since new for an '06 Husky WR 250 and I absolutely LOVE it already (I've only ridden it 3 times now). The bike had some surface rust but it was HARDLY ridden; I was amazed to see that the paint on the frame where your boots rub was still perfectly in tact. Anyway, I used to race a Honda CR 80 back when I was really young but that was 10+ years ago and I've been out of the 2t scene ever since. I'm mechanically inclined and maintain the bike religiously but I have several questions:

The guy said the bike has been jetted properly (it has the stock TMX) but I'm not sure if I trust his judgement too much. He was running about 32:1 when I got it and I noticed a lot of oil that spewed down the length of the silencer. So I went by the manual and started running 50:1 (feels like the bike runs smoother) but there's still a lot of oil spewing down the pipe. Is this a jetting problem or just a 2t thing??

The bike runs great with no hiccups in the power that I can notice and it's VERY smooth for a 2t 250. Personally, I was expecting a MUCH bigger hit from the power band than it actually has. Although, the bike seems a little difficult to start at times when out on the trail. I understand it requires a heavy foot to kick over but it's not as consistent as it should be. I pump the kickstarter and find the top of the stroke before I give it a firm kick and it usually starts up easily but other times it'll take 5+ kicks. Is this normal or could my pilot circuit be off?

Last question (sorry this is so long!): I've had to crank the idle up quite a bit to counteract the clutch dragging that I've noticed more and more. Initially I thought the idle was just low and didn't think it was the clutch but it idles fine in neutral. It's at the point where I have to constantly blip the throttle when I pull in the clutch to keep the motor alive. Can I remedy this with just the cable adjuster on the side of the frame or do I have to adjust the nut on the actual pressure plate?

Sorry for this being so long but it's stuff that I've been losing sleep over lately! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  2. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Change the packing in your tail pipe, and change the crankcase oil. 2006 is some time for oil to be in the bike, And tail pipe has to be repacked in time. Running rich oil mix will clog tail pipe very quick. Re adjust clutch once oil has been changed. Do a full service on the bike, change all fluids + spark plug with fresh fuel. Test Ride should give an idea where the the bike is

Regards