1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 06 Wr125 just Joined the Family

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Nov 13, 2010.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    We just picked up an 06 WR125 for my son, Evan. I finally let him ride my WR125 couple weeks ago and he loves it. Looks like the RM is up for sale. He likes the Husky euro feel and also the powerband that I am getting, now that my 09 Wr125 is dialed in.
    The 06 has 144 cylinder on it that was seized and I plan to send it out for repair or contemplating the 167 mod. Basically, we are exchanging cylinders, so I have a little more edge on the straights against the 4's. We will try and post some progress photos, this winter from splitting the cases, painting the entire bike (using automotive finishes), polishing the hubs, cases, swingarm, new plastics and graphics.:thumbsup:
  2. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like a fun project!
  3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool!.... lots of pics please :thumbsup:
  4. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like a great father & son project. Should be a great experience.:thumbsup:
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Very cool! :thumbsup: Keep us updated with picks on the prep.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yes, Razors bike. Good guy!

Just split the cases yesterday. Just from early eye balling it. Looks like the mains got hot as well, along with the piston siezing, second gear and it's mating gear need replaced. Will keep you posted with pictures. He leaves for the Marines in July so we want to do a full resto on it and bling the heck out of it. I want him to get some races on it starting in late March thru June.

I think I am going to polish:

Cylinder Head, Clutch Cover, Ignition Cover, Power Valve Cover, Water Pump Cover, Swing Arm, linkage, Hubs, Triple Clamps and Bar mounts.

Think we will do the frame white, black rims, fork tubes black. But there may be a possibilty of doing the hubs in black and highlight the H emblem in red.

New plastics in red/white.

This is my pic of my 250 at one of the last races.

Attached Files: