1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 07 WR250 clutch problem?t

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MARK WOOLARD, Dec 12, 2010.

1. MARK WOOLARD Husqvarna
    AA Class

It seems like the clutch on my WR250 (07 model) doesn't work as it should. It is hard to start in gear with the clutch pulled in, harder than other bikes I have owned. Really annoying in the woods. I have adjusted the clutch and changed the oil, next is to take the clutch apart and check out the discs, plates, springs. All I am asking is if this is a common problem, if any aftermarket parts are better, etc.? Thanks for any and all advice.

BTW if anyone needs parts from the enduro kit for WR's, let me know. I have a full kit but have decided not to install on mine
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    It may just be worn plates or a grooved basket.

If you over adjust the cable the cam on the arm will pull past the end of the push rod end and wedge it in the shaft. If you pull the pressure plate off the clutch and slide the rod out you can tell if that's what it's done.

Whatever the case, you'll have to open it up to find out.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Is this a new bike (to you)? My '09 WR 300 clutch was pretty stiff from new due to the cable. Also, I remember it being a bit harder to start in gear. I hardly ever attempt to start any bike in gear, but the 300 was noticeably tempermental to start in gear.
  4. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

These motors (Husky 250-300) 2-strokes are sort of old school Euro clutch draggy things.

Just the way they are.

That and the Kick start placement makes them a bear to light after stalling in the woods.
  5. lookin4trails Husqvarna
    A Class

6. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

I installed two KTM friction plates in mine they are slightly thinner , pick a late model 250 2stroke should work mine did . Next I added a dina ring auto clutch and kept the KTM plates they were needed to get the stall gap correct good luck . Dina ring is great in the woods tuff to .