1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '07 WR250 - Left Radiator leak

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jhunter, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a pin hole leak in my left radiator. Hard to tell what happened as I had no puncture and I run radiator braces. Anyway, it's on the back inside, second verticle cooling tube. Can that be fixed by a good radiator guy? Anyone know what my new aftermarket options are? I'll call my Husky dealer tomorrow to see what they get for a new one but I have a feeling that it's going to be quite high. Any thoughts? (John Hunter - Atlanta Ga)
  2. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Mylers radiator can fix just about any radiator problem and their prices are crazy reasonable. They have been magicians on some radiators that I have completely torn open, bent, punctured, etc. Always able to fix!!
  4. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Marcmo - Can you post the phone number or email address for Mylers? I ordered a new one off EBay for $78 with free shipping. Looks like the same unit that ManTrap posted above. I still want to send my OE unit off for repair so that I have a good back up. Thanks Guys!!!
  5. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Here you go. They are awesome to deal with.:
    Myler's Radiators
    6722 S. Airport Rd. Suite- A
    West Jordan, UT 84084
    Telephone:
    800-367-7699 / 801-955-3881

Fax:
    Emergency # or to text- 801-865-1070
  6. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

The problem is there are several different companies that make the OEM radiators and depending on which ones you have they ain't worth fixing.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    both mine leaked a week apart from each other, similar spots, no impact damage or anything like that. gotta feeling the radiator braces transfer too much engine vibration to rads despite being rubber mounted causing em to split. know of other similar occurences too. mine both repaired & been sweet as since-easy fix but pain in the arse
  8. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just as a point of interest, the Husky dealer get $152 for the left side and $167 for the right with the rad cap included.
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    damn thats cheap as chips. wel pay $300-$400 per side here in OZ! for that price id just buy newbies and keep repaired ones as spares!
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
  11. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Guys - The Rad showed up yesterday (only 7 days from China) and I installed it last night. Wow, what a nice unit and an exact match up with perfect fitment. By the way, the company on EBay was "winner racing" and here's their site : www.winnerracing.com
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dis you pay 150 delivered or 150 plus the 40 dollars shipping
    what was you total price payed delivered to you door thanks john
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    damn that looks sweet with all them welds,very custom/factoryish style. as long as it lasts-get out there & real world test it!
  14. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was wondering if you guys have any more reports on these Chinese radiators? I'm seeing many of them incredibly cheap on ebay...100 bucks for a set. My 125's are twisted up a bit and they look very tempting.
  15. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    In 2007, seems that all the models came with Alexon radiators. These are the ones that crack and get full of holes. The left side one on my 07 TE450 cracked, I had it welded, it cracked again, had it welded, lasted for a couple more years, then started to leak again just lately. I put another Alexon that I bought cheap on there. When the right side cracked, I replaced it with a Toyo. No more problems with that. If you ever replace with a stocker, specify the part number for a Toyo.
  16. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 , Gas Gas Raga 300
    I replaced the radiators on my sons RMZ with the chinese ones. They work better than stock, but they arent Fluidynes either.

"Caveat emptor"
  17. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Shawbagga, give us a ride report on those radiators. I really bent my right one and am interested to hear more about the Winner Racing units.
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    no can do mate wasnt my post was Jhunter, just commented on them! but yeah youre right cmon Jhunter how they holding up?
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    my 10 300s rads were them poxy alexon ones & they both split. will replace with the toyos. how much were they dirtdame?
  20. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    When I bought my RH side Toyo (maybe two years ago) it was about 145 bucks.