1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 08 CR 125/167 Maxx Power

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by endurokids, Jan 4, 2012.

1. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    Just picked up a used CR125 with the Maxx Power 167 kit, it's bored and stroked. [IMG]
    It has a CR ignition, and since it has little flywheel effect, I'm thinking about the WR ignition for it. I'm a +50 rider that rides primarily woods and H/S only.
    I would like to ride some enduros too and am wondering how to set up some lights on it.
    Anyone have any thoughts about the WR ignition change?
    Any flywheel weight options available?
    Any lighting ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    you will need complete fly wheel, stator,coil and regulator.you could buy a after market number look up cr lighting coil on this forum.Dfeckel put on together using ktm parts.I would suggest putting another set of windings on the three spare posts of your cr stator this way you retain the cr cdi and coil but will need a reg/rectifier.i diy'd mine using cr engine rewound stator and wr regulator and switches, mainly for a rear brake light (stop my kids from running into the back of me).wally bean has done some conversions as well.you can add flywheel weights say 10 oz.lights are a personnel choice you'll probably get around 35 watts from the rewound cr stator and 65 from the wr, i put an old tt225 on the front of mine and it looks pretty good. as long as you are confident to do the jobs and use this forum as a knowledge base you can pretty much solve any problems on these bikes.
    hope this helps if you need any specifics on the conversion let me know.
  3. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'm looking for battery powered lighting too. Any ideas?
  4. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    "you'll probably get around 35 watts from the rewound cr stator and 65 from the wr,"

Hi jo360-quick check; is 65 watts pretty standard for the '06, '07 wr250?
    Have been always a little nervous about overloading the unit with lighting, fearing a burn out. Currently running one of the halogen bulbs in the double bulb headflight-hesitate to runn both? Thanks
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The WR250 stator puts out 110w.
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a complete WR igntion off a 09 that only has about 30 hours on it (flywheel, stator plate, coil, regulator, and headlight). It might still be in the classifieds but if not I would sell it all for $200.
  7. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Wow good news Thanks wallybean! Might just hook up both lights.