08 SMR450 injector trouble

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by sm450rDave, Dec 12, 2011.

1. sm450rDave Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey guys, my bike sat for a year and the injector got gummed up. Fresh fuel and injector cleaner wouldn't clear it so I pulled the injector and purged the lines. The fuel pump is cycling and spraying fuel.

I directly spayed the injector holes with carb n choke which cleared them up visibly from the outside and I also ran carb n choke through the fuel port while powering the injector.

When I turn the bike over, the injector is still not spraying fuel. I'm wondering if the injector is ruined since it will not open? Any suggestions? I'm not too familiar with fuel injection and hopefully I didnt damage the electrical system or any critical components. Thanks alot
  2. MontyCarlo Husqvarna
    A Class

Some auto shops have injector cleaning equipment that can power/open the injector and run pressurized solvent through to clean them. Call around or maybe ask one of the auto part shops that supplies the local repair shops, like NAPA, and maybe they can point you in the right direction.
  3. sm450rDave Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks. Turns out I forgot to hook my power commander back up to the battery..im an idiot. It runs perfect now