08 TC 250 hard restart when hot

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by 30 yards, Jul 7, 2014.

1. 30 yards Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX85 monster edition
    Hey y'all,

I am having a slight problem with my TC restarting when it's hot. I have no issues with it starting cold and holding an idle. I need to kick the daylights of this thing to get it to restart.

I did look through the forums and saw a cam change fixed some of this, but this was for a 2010 which is a different bike completely. The power band is awesome and it runs great. Just need to figure out what's causing this. I was thinking about rebuilding the carb, but the bike has only 10 hours on it. Yea, I don't ride much, life is too busy.

I run only race fuel and regularly maintain the bike, air filter, plug, and so on...

Any ideas fellas?
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    The 010 bikes and forward probably have the lite engines and there was an issue with the auto-decompressor causing a starting issue ... I was sold a 2010 TC250 bike that has really hard to start ... After swapping out the cam that had the auto-decompressor on it my bike was fixed :)

None of this should be an issue with your bike with the older style engine ... I have a 08 TXC250 ... Just no really issues with it and it has almost 1,200 HRS ...

Are you using the hot-start button? If I kick my bike and it does not start in 3 kicks or less, I pull the hot-start for ~3 kicks ... Also, those bikes did not like to kicked over hard, like you were kicking a 2t bike ... Just an easy push-down all the way through the kicking range was all that was needed to start my bike. And do not open the throttle any also on those first kicks ...

Then there is always the valve clearances on a 4t that might be an issue...

And the CARB might come into play also ... The air-screw (?) under the bottom of the CARB might could be weened out maybe ... Seems like some other small jetting things might help but can't remember exactly :(

--

Another thing, if that bike truly only has 10 hrs on it, its not even broken in really ... With the exception of my bike that needed the auto-decompressor, my bikes were very tight feeling and after I got the hrs up past ~50 hrs or so, they all just started better ...