08 te 250 tuning help needed

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by KC250, Feb 29, 2012.

1. KC250 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE250
    I recently bought an 08 te 250 from a buddy and brought it to a dealer to have any updates flashed. When I picked it up I was told that he was unable to reflash it because the ecu appeared to be locked. Is this possible?
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    "locked"... no never heard of that, and for probably good reason.

I would say this though- the 2008 EFI bikes had a different procedure for tuning than the 2009-2010s did. I am assuming when we are talking about being "flashed" in this case we are talking about tuning the bike with Ibeat. Otherwise yes somethimes there have been discussions about some bikes being "flashed" by a dealer- which is an update to the "software" inside the ECU. This was only relavent to a few bikes that met the criteria (model and build date). You can read the version/model like a serial number and tell by using Ibeat.

Back to it... If we are talking about Tuning- I would guess the shop is trying to tune your 08 like its an 09-10 and that won't work- they need to hook up the Landa sensor (02) to changes and then put it back into power up mode- tuning features otherwise are not accessable.... (Weired right? but true...) this is why it seems "locked" (and is my best guess)
  3. KC250 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE250
    Thank you for your reply. I thought that he did put the 02 sensor in to tune it but i may be mistakenas I wasnt present for it. Can I get around it being rich on the bottom with a power camander?
  4. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    It may be possible to get it right with Ibeat tuning alone- but the 2008 bikes are limited in how well they can be tuned (if its rich on the bottom and lean at the top- only one can get corrected cause it either enrichens/leans the whole fuel curve).

YES, a piggyback tuner- like a Power Commander or the JD tuner will give you endles options to tune your fuel curve. The Jd Tuner is a bit more simple to use and the PowerCommander is more complex. You'd probably be happy with the JD tuner and it will save you some money.