08 te510 iBeat Settings

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by kjclark7, Jul 8, 2012.

1. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    i was just able to get access to the ibeat program and i'm wondering what are the settings i should be using for my bike? i know that each bike is different but what kind of baseline numbers should i be looking for?
    i've never used the program before so maybe someone can give me a step by step on what to do and what to change. thanks.
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    NOTE TO ALL:::2008s are different, tuning the fueling is different than 2009+ with IBEAT (TPS adjustments are the same process though- with all mikuni efi)--

I'd set the WOT to 100.2% by adjusting the hardstop on the throttle boddy and accepting the new position at closed throttle. Then verify your FB1 setting is between 107-96- if not change to 100 (per instructions). Write down all your settings before and after. I thought that PDF was on here somewhere but if its not I'll try to post it. Its on another computer right now...

Power-Up and Feedback Proceedures for the 2008 (from husky). Here's a paste and cut of the text....
    FEEDBACK ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE
    The FB (Feedback Adjustment) function is used to adjust the fuel injection, basing on LAMBDA
    sensor output signal. Changing the Feedback Adjustment value, the engine A/F mixture control parameters
    in the ECU will automatically change, and consequentially the exhaust gas value too.
    1) To check the existing FeedBack Adjustment value it is necessary to employ iBeat Diagnosis Tool
    (Husqvarna code 8000A9634); if you need to operate a change in the Feedback Adjustment value,
    you have to connect the LAMBDA sensor to the wiring harness. In case the lambda sensor has been
    removed, it is necessary to electrically reconnect it.
    Important! if the original wiring harness was replaced by the RACING harness (Husqvarna code
    8000B0146), in order to operate the Feedback adjustment it is necessary to apply the original
    harness and connect it to the ECU, to the injection system sensors (lambda sensor, throttle position,
    engine temperature sensor) and to the contact key and battery.
    2) Connect the diagnosis cable to the diagnosis connector (it is the 6 pin connector with cap, placed
    behind the front light cover)
    3) Turn to key-on, without starting the engine.
    4) Start iBeat Diagnosis software program, and click on button on the main page (it is the red
    circled button in the Picture No.1). The Feedback Adjustment window will appear according to
    Picture No.1
    Picture No.1
    ENGLISH
    5) Register the Adjusting Point (109.5 in No.1 cell - Picture No.1)
    In case the shown value is higher than 107%, or less than 96%, please adjust it to 100%.
    6) To regulate the Adjusting Value, start the engine and wait until LAMBDA sensor starts to work.
    Important: when feedback adjustment function is permitted, Feedback Adjustment Value moves
    from 100% and on the display this window will appear:
    7) click on the up/down arrow in order to reach 100% feedback Adjust value as shown below in
    the Picture No. 2
    Picture No. 2
    8) Click on OK button to confirm the new adjusted value, then close the feedback adjustment window.

3. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Have you got Ibeat v1 or v2? On V1 you had to connect the Lambda to adjust the fuelling using the FB button, with V2 you can adjust it using the CO button.
    On 2008 models only adjustment point 1 makes any difference, you can change the numbers on points 2 and 3 but it doesn't actually adjust the fuelling.

Adjustment point 1 alters the fuelling up to 20% throttle opening.

Dave
  4. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    not sure what version it is. R_Little is the one on the forum and is letting me use his. he's got a new xlite 250 so possibly the newer verision i would think.

thanks for the info on how it works. where did you get that from?