'08 TE510 PC-V / AT map to PC-III help.

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by MOTORHEAD, Jul 19, 2010.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'm looking for someone who has a PC-V with AT on a '08 TE510 that's got a good off-road generated PC-V map that would be willing to copy it to an XLS file or a screen shot of their PC-V map and post it, or send it to me. :D

I'd like to convert it to a PC-III map and try it on my 510.

I don't have the software to read a PC-V map so it will have to be in a different format so I can see the numbers and hand enter them into a PC-III map.

I'm figuring by now they should be some really good Auto Tune adjusted maps out there that should work great in my PC-III.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could hook me up. :notworthy:
  2. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

If you want to try something, here is what I used on my PCIII for street riding on my '08 SMR510. It's for a PU-equipped bike with SA installed. The map came from me doing "manual tune" from riding with an AFR meter. Not from a PCV and not off-road but it works quite well on my bike and is very close to as good as it's going to get.

Sharing maps is a great idea but I have tried many maps and found my bike is different from the rest. No two seem to be the same, and the important region just off idle is especially screwed up and hard to get right.

BTW, the PCV software is free on Dynojet's web site. You can easily convert PCV to PCIII files if you install it.

Attached Files:

3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Thanks for all the info., I didn't know I could get the software without the unit.

I know what you mean about them all being different. Rather strange I think.

Hall's had my ECU last fall and when it came back it ran totally different. Better. Way better actually, but it went from super lean to super fat. I was to the point I was disgusted with it all and had turned my focus to my WR250, which I love, BTW.

So, instead of messing with the maps all over again, I just installed the O2 sensor and SA back in and removed the PCIII. It runs pretty good like that for Dual Sporting and the gas mileage is WAY up.

I just know it should run better being a 510, so I thought I'd give the PCIII another try.

I want a PC-V, but things keep coming up and I never seem to have the extra cash for it. The 510 isn't on my short list anymore :excuseme: and I can't seem to sell it, so I may as well try and get the PCIII working right, for now.
  4. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

I had not planned to get a PCV since I already had the PCIII and decided to get the Innovate LC-1 AFR meter ($140 or so) to dial in the PCIII better. That may be the way to go. It's relatively easy to dial in parts of the map and correct big flaws, but very time consuming. And virtually impossible to dial in high throttle/high RPM, but that part doesn't matter too much to me anyway. Now I have the PCV and it is a cool toy but not as useful as you might hope. It can't tune 0% or 2% throttle and I don't think it can do 5% very well either. It seems to work on the easy stuff but I expect I'll have to put my LC-1 back on to finish the job.

I have learned a lot while playing with that LC-1, and what I found is that fueling at low throttle positions is hugely important. Kinda important for a street rider but super important for off-road or technical stuff. Wish I had ibeat to see if TPS setting makes a difference. Note also that I have also adjusted my throttle hardstop in. That may also be a difference from bike to bike.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'm still hoping that someone will give me a PC-V map that's working good off-road. I think it will be a good start to building a decent map for my bike with the PC-III. If all I have to dial in is the 0%-2% ranges that should make life a little simpler.