08 TE510 Stopped need help with diagonses

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by hendo79, Jul 10, 2011.

1. hendo79 Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi guys
    I've got some drammas with my 08 510
    I was out riding the other day and it blew the top radiator hose and dropped it's guts . That was an easy fix .
    Once on the road a gain the indicator light was on permently . No problems probably moisture in the speedo unit
    But the next day out riding i did about 36kms and it stopped dead in it's tracks . Lost all power to the dash and fuel pump.
    But the park light was still on with the key on so I figure it ain't the battery . All the fuses are fine . connections seem fine ( I unplugged and pluged them all back in )
    So I'm stumped as to the cause apart from using a test light to ping the wiiring out . (which I'll do in a couple of days when I get back home .

So my question is does anyone else ever have a dramma like this and what was the fix . Or where should I start looking

Cheers
    Hendo
  2. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check the fuses very carefully, I have known them to be blown but at a first glance seem fine. Swap the relays about in case the pump relay is dead.
    Also you need to connect to iBeat and see what fault codes if any are showing. Also reset the history!
    The dash could just be coincidence, maybe the fuel pump has died. If you have a mate with an FI husky, swap the tank inc pump and see if she fires!
    Another tip, unplug the water temp sensor and see if it fires. They fail, but you would usually get a fuel pump prime still.

Alec