'08 TXC 450 carb issue, sticking float.

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Wherecaniride, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Wherecaniride Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    I traded for this bike about a month ago and the carb was jacked up I pulled it to clean it looked fine. I went out for a ride and had to keep hot start open for it to run. I pulled it and checked the needle position. the clip was at position 5 and running rich. I move the clip to the middle #4 position and took it out today and the throttle respond was way better. I have also put in a after market fuel mix screw and adjusted it as needed. I was not impressed with the cheap looking float, thin wall plastic. My first ride out I had fuel leaking out the over flow while bike was on the kick stand. I have heard they stick, so I double check needle and seat and they are fine. I adjusted float level 2.5mm and this has helped stop the over flow. The idle is still inconsistent and some times it will not idle down. I had this issue while adjusting the carb and tapped on float bowl and it corrected it self. While riding today it ran great when all seamed to be working but wen it wasn't if it did idle down it would so it was either idling fast or wanting to die. I am pretty sure its a float issue. Is there a better float I can get for it?