1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 08 WR250 1st MX race (Mactan Island)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ray_ray, Dec 2, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I took the 08 WR250 Husky to another small MX track... It was really weird (for me) riding a 2t bike around the track after riding the 4t machines for so long ...That engine braking is the biggest difference between the machines ...

After a few scary laps, I got back on the TC250 4t and it felt really slow when you let off the throttle due to the engine braking... Brought back the memories when I first rode a 4t after being on a 2t my entire life ... I swear, these 4t bangers feel like riding a nice pretty smooth&fast street bike and that 2t machine is a fire-breathing, hard-as-nails racer machine at its core, that just wants to pillage any village in sight ...

With that being said, the rider (Ayyan) who is gonna ride my WR250 this year in the races (hopefully), has no such problem on 2t machines ... After he sat out most of last year with only a 250 yz yamma-hammer to ride on occasions, 1 day of practice and 3 different races classes today and he's really liking the WR ... As in really, really liking the bike and he manged to show his speed from his past days of racing ... And this is with the WR ignition ... We'll replace it with the CR ignition later on this year if he feels the need is there ...

I have more riding to do on this bike on tighter trails BUT I'll go on record right now saying I can see the hard-a$$ benefits of this 2t 250 Husky and it has popped my 4t bubble for trail \ MX bike riding way out here in the middle of the Pacific ocean ...

Expect to see more WR250 racing from around the Philippines ... I think the racing season ends in early DEC(~now) and starts back in JAN\FEB so we have some time to practice on this bike ... Myself, I'll probably stay on the TC250 for racing and the 2t machine will be pimped out for racing and help pay the rent ... But, for my everyday riding here, The WR250 is the bike.

Only got a couple pics from the day ...too crowded and I was too busy to get more and the videos I made really sucked ...
    101_0960.JPG 101_0955.JPG

PS ... This bike is stock as far as I can tell ... maybe we change to the CR ignition ...maybe we get a pipe hand-made for it here by the local pipe makers ... The rear spring seems too stiff for our weight and might get that changed in the near future ... maybe we get a bore job for ~300CCs .. I don't really see alot more changes to the bike in the future ...We'll stay with Bobby Garrisions 928 number to pay homage to his winning ways in the 1st ever 2t championship at Glen Helen race way in 2010...
    Tinken, Dirtdame, john01 and 3 others like this.
  2. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Very cool. Fly that flag! How many people show up to race there? Are there enough entries to support several skill levels and classes?

I always ran a pro-circuit pipe on my CR250's. So did Bobby Garrison!:thumbsup:
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    We gotta stay with the PC pipe to some degree then :) ...

That 250 2t machine got some attention ... ESP with the local rider and friend of mine here on the bike ... Its a small community of racers here and they have raced against each other for years around the islands ... My man has not been racing because he has no bike during the yr ...which is sort of common here with machines ... So he's there on a bike that looks like my others but has a big shiny pipe and a different sound ... The WR250 Husky seems perfect for here so far (except the rear shock) ...

Yep, they run at least 10-12 classes (5-10 riders each in most classes ) and more sometimes ... Lots of short races covering about all day ... Some of the classes over lap of course and you can almost run any bike in any race once you get off the 65cc and 85cc levels ... There might be 1 class that is just for 125 machines only but I'm not 100% sure ... These are age group classes with weird names in some cases ... You can usually ride a group younger than you but not older ... Sometimes the promoter decides who can ride where ... The track is usually built for their PRO riders and the rest of us just roll the jumps ...

Free entry to the races and several hundred to maybe a few thousand usually show up depending on where the race is at ... Its great entrainment for the people here ... down&dirty here and very cool ... You have to move your bike through the crowd lots of time and the starting gate area will be very crowded in many cases ... First come first sever for gate positions ...

Here's a small video of the start area ... Track was so bad I did not ride on it ... Just too rocky and too many areas of solid rock ... jumps weren't too bad but I'm not risking crashing on a solid rock area ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL5zQBb35VQ&feature=youtu.be