1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 08 WR250 1st ride ...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ray_ray, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Wow ... I just rode this 2t machine after riding Husky 4t machines for the last ~4 yrs ... Prior to this 4 yr span of 4t riding, I had a 02 CR250 Husky ...

Wow... this 08 model turns much better than that 02 model and that was a pleasant surprise ... Engine power is AOK and will need some clutch feathering to keep traction maybe but overall, it is great to have a 2t machine again ...

Expect to see some side-by-side ride reports in the future on these 2t and 4t model bikes ...

I'm ecstatic over this bike to say the least ...

PS -- This bike will see some small MX track racing also ...
    steadydirt likes this.
  2. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    welcome back to the 2 smoke family.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We'll start looking for the 4-stroke in the "for sale" section :D. JK congrats!
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks and the 4t machines have done well for me over the last few yrs but I'm so glad to get back on this engine type ...

I don't have a problem changing big end bearings and mains on either bikes ... But throw in head work on that 4t and prices can shoot at the moon ...

Not going quite that far ... those 4t machines are very good also ... I had just been expecting the 2t machine to not wanna turn well ... At least that was what I remembered about my 02 2t bike and I hear it alot here also ... MY 02 was fast and unbreakable but certainly not a well turning bike ....

And since the 08 WR feels ~lighter than my 08 TXC250 and just slightly ~heavier than my 010 TC250 AND the WR seems to carve lines out in corners where I was riding today ..I'm overcome with biker joy knowing that 2t is the horse I'm gonna ride daily ... No more easy push down on the kicker ... This one can take a mule kick and the engine still starts right up ...

Its got the 45MM Marzocchi forks and on the rough, fast roads I rode on today, the forks performed very good ... Slight head shake at high speed on some hits but that was about all I encountered that felt bad ... I think setting the sag will stop that shake and help the rearend stay down instead of kicking up in the air too high many times today ...

Castrol 2t Trimax oil is what I'm gonna burn in it ... Felt really weird mixing gas and oil today ...
    [IMG]
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just messing with ya Ray :D. I've got a 2010 TC250 myself and it's been a great bike. The TC is better at MX than my 2008 CRWB 165 for me (read easier for an old man) but still won't turn with the my CRWB 165. Both 2 and 4 strokes can work but I worry less on the 2's ;). Have fun :cheers:.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    After riding the 010 TC 250s, about anything is gonna feel heavy and maybe a slow turner except a bike like that 165 ... But the WR is gonna be alright I think from todays ride ... Fun? I get to go back and ride all my old, 'very local' close to home trails and rough roads for comparison reasons now ... :) ... That will be month of riding maybe ..

Yep, that track stuff for me, right now, is much better on the TC ... If I stay with the WR long enough out there, maybe I can close that gap some between the 2 bikes ... The MX tracks here are like big SX tracks with many jumps and smooths straightaways usually ... So I gotta get comfortable logging air time on the WR ... Not sure if that will even happen 100% ...

A grenaded engine always worried me also ... Glad that issue will not be carried with me on that 2t ...
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Congrats . I like the 08 . Got the silver wheels. Ive been eyeing one of these as well . Ive got the 125 version. Love the 45mm zocchis on mine. Love the handling .
    The 250 has a lot of go.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    There's nothing quite like a two stroke!:banana::love:
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep, silver wheels ... And those 45mm zocchis are doing great so far and all I did was start bike and ride off on it and they were soaking up all the rocks and holes and water washed-out gullies in sight ... Looks like they have the rebound clickers on the top side of the forks?

ESP a 300 2t, eh? I can see where you guys would like that 300 over a 250 to cover the low-rpm stuff when maybe running in a gear too high ... Me, I just step on the gear-selector and down-shift one ... A 250 2t is just about a perfect sized engine ...