1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '08 WR250 Headlamp wiring

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jhunter, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK, before I start pulling parts off my bike, a little advice may be helpful. My 2008 WR250 came with the stock headlight and what looks like a stock OE wiring harness. After I hook up the headlight (easy part), where do I run the wire and what does the other end hook to? Do I need to pull the tank and radiator shrouds off? Any tips or ticks I should know about? - - John
  2. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    You'll have a male and female connection on the wiring loom in addition to a ground which will fit nicely to the post for your tank grommet. The longer lead is for the taillight assembly. Remove the fuel tank, under which you will see a group of wires tied down, disconnect the yellow wire where it breaks in the loom after it comes from the voltage regulator, it will have a male-female connector. Install your loom wires, yellow, they are spade ends and need to be properly installed to fit. This will be then part of the circuit for your lights etc. Hook up ground wire and snap tire the loom bak in place and your done. Once you look at it, it will make sense. I think.
  3. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    My spelling leaves something to improve on, the Husky manual is lousy when it comes to wiring. Or throw it away and just go riding. Good Luck.:thumbsup:
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I can't tell you how to wire the stock harness, but I can tell you how to make your own simple headlight harness. I have no use for the computer/odometer nor the taillight, so I made a simple wiring harness solely for the headlight.
  5. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Pat, I'll look a little closer tonight when I get home.

PC, I don't have any need for the tail light at this time. What did you do to wire up just the headlight?
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I ran my own wiring and used the stock resistor. I'll take some pics later and post up how I did it. It's super easy and no excess wires anywhere.
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Was not able to get pics last night, sorry! Need to pull the tank and I didn't really have time. Will get to it later today.
  8. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

PC - Thanks for your help. I'll be on vacation for the next 5 days so don't feel any rush or pressure to pull your bike apart. I appriciate your willingness to help me out. Regards
  9. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

PC - I've been busy and I'm just now getting around to my headlight issue. Like you, I have no need for the rear tail light or the speedo junk. All I want is a headlight and a simple toggle switch... Can you walk me through the hook up again? If you have time, can I take you up on a few photos? Thanks, John
  10. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    I can't remember much, but you have to take off the tank and plastics, lay out the harness and it all seems to fit together after a while of plugging and unplugging :excuseme:
    There are two connectors for the headlight, you have to try them out till it works, I think you have to choose between high, low or parking lights.

Found some pics. The first pic gets plugged in between the connection in the second pic. The black wire gets grounded to frame, I used the right side bolt for the regulator or whatever the finned thing is.
    Third pic the only thing I remember is the blue wire got grounded to the tapped hole in the frame under the seat. Two wires go to the taillight.

Good luck :cheers:

Attached Files:

11. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Flyin - That's good info. Thank You !
  12. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Flyin - I followed your directions and had the light working in 20 minutes.

1) pulled the plastic and tank off.
    2) plugged to small wires from the new harness into the headlamp (yellow & blue)
    3) unplugged the yellow wire from the resistor and pugged it into the harness
    4) Under the tank, pull the yellow wire and plug it into the harness to complete the loop.
    5) lastly, hooked the loop ground to a bolt under the tank.

Thanks for everyone that posted !
    John