1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '08 WR250 Plug Cap Resistance

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kzoo, Aug 29, 2009.

1. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    I've read through quite a few posts regarding resistor vs. non-resistor plugs... But - I bought an NGK cap to replace the stocker on my '08 WR250. The NGK is a resistor cap, equipped with a 5k ohm nominal resistor (~4,810 ohm actual :D).

Anyway, the bike is brand new, and I just finished the break-in time. Today, I pulled the plug expecting to find a BR8EG, instead a B8EG was installed. I also expected to find a 0 ohm cap, instead there was a MTA 5k nominal resistor cap (~4700 ohm actual). Also I ordered a plug from the dealer and they sent a B8ES, (I know the difference between E and S).

So what gives... I have a 5k ohm cap on a non-resistor plug (came from the dealer that way), when I expected to find a 0 ohm cap on a 5k ohm plug.

Either-way, does anyone know if it is supposed to have (5k cap / 5k plug), or either 5k plug or 5k cap? :thinking:

Thanks in advance...
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Not sure what the deal is, but my '07 was the same way. I run the NGK TB5 plug cap and a BR8EIX. It might cause premature failure of my ignitions, but it seems to be doing OK now.
  3. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Thanks for the reply...

I was surprised to see a non-resistor plug in the bike when the manual listed a resistor plug. I was equally surprised to see that the stock cap is equipped with a 5k resistor. I thought it was a bit redundant to have a resistor cap, and require a resistor plug too.