09 310 flooded with fuel

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Simmo737, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Simmo737 Husqvarna
    A Class

Dropped my bike on left side on a trail, no obvious damage, picked it up engine still running, went to ride off, stalled, kicked it over with the starter, a few puffs of white smoke, strong fuel smell, kicked it over by foot, no go, tried to clutch it, wouldn't start, removed plug, cylinder full of fuel, fuel had drained into case mixing with oil to the point of filling the oil sight glass and beyond, almost hydraulic locking the motor. The result was a five kilomtere push/tow sailor language hour in the rain. Bike was fine prior to this.

any ideas?
  2. Paul B Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2099 TE310 with SHOWA forks
    sounds like to spray nozzle has come / broken off the injector.
  3. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    Remove the throttle body and carefully check the injector spray pattern and check for dripping and leakage.
    keep in mind that you have to prime the pump to pressurize the fuel system
    make sure that the spark is disabled for safety reasons.(safety glasses on!)
    You should see a small mist coming from the injector during each pulse.
    No dripping or high volume flow.
    if this happens and the injector seems to look healthy externally.un plug the electrical connector
    if it continues to leak after electrical disconnection
    replace the injector.
    let me know.
  4. Simmo737 Husqvarna
    A Class

Just waiting on a new coil and kill switch, which may be the first part of the problem, thanks for the advice so far. when i can turn it over i'llk update. cheers.
  5. Simmo737 Husqvarna
    A Class

Replaced kill switch and coil, pulled every electrical connector apart and cleaned, white greased and put back together, replaced a continuously blowing fuse( the root of the problem, which came good with the elect. inspection), checked the injector (all ok) put it all back together and it runs like a top! coil and kill switch replaced under warranty. In the te's down time I rode a gas gas ec330 e and rediscovered my love of two smokes, even though i'm faster on the TE310, I bought the gasser cause its more fun. Very different bikes, both with their strong and weak points, I feel lucky to have owned both. Someone is going to get a super well setup TE310 in perfect condition probably cheaper than they should. lucky them.