1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 09 HUSKY 2 STROKEZ

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PJBlank916, Jul 18, 2015.

1. PJBlank916 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 300 (soon)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Crf 450r KDX 200 CRF 450X
    how good were they ? Did they have all the electrical problems 13s did how about the ducati ignition ? Let me know what makes them good thanks !
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I have an 09 wr250 and have had zero problems. They can be made to fit good if you're tall. I've been riding mine since 2010 without having to rebuild the top end yet. It still has 205 psi cranking compression and I inspect the piston on the intake side and the exhaust port every 6 months. The mods I have done are: Lectron carb but I did get the mikuni to work well but the Lectron was still an improvement. I smashed my stock pipe on a tree so I bought a FMF Gnarly with smoothed out the power a bit. I bought a Q-Stealth to make it quieter and it did but I felt no performance gains. All the rest of the mods I did were to make the bike better for my size and weight. (6'6" 205 lbs.) I re-sprung the bike for my weight and had LTR re-valved the shock and forks (50mm Zokes) for me which made me love the bike. As far as any design flaws, If I was to get picky, I don't like the tank plastics. They stick forward and gather brush and can get caught on things. I sawed them off Ronnie Mack style and now they aren't a problem. The 09 has an ignition (not Ducati) that has little to no problems... unlike the later model Ducati ignition but even the Ducati ign. isn't what I'd consider defective. The Brembo brakes are great. The clutch is very good once you adjust the geometry at the pivot arm on the engine. I've had to buy two lower shock pivot bushings with the needle bearing because the hard chrome will flake off after a couple years. It weighs about 4 pounds more than some of the newer 2 stroke 250s but is so stone reliable I find no reason to complain about the extra weight.

I've been looking at newer models of all brands and although there are some nice ones I still like mine better which is why my 09 is still my #1 bike.
    juicypips likes this.
  3. PJBlank916 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 300 (soon)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Crf 450r KDX 200 CRF 450X
    Sounds great ! I'm 6'4 and 260 with gear and still growing taller lol
  4. jman2-stroke Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015' KTM 250sx, 95' ATKLQ
    my 09 wr125 has been a great little bike. Prefer it for wood riding over my 250sx on the super tight stuff. It came with the big aftermarket tank (a must on the 125's i hear). electical issues may have been solved already for me bc ive had no problems.