09 Te 510 Fail Code Help

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by joerock510, Aug 14, 2011.

1. joerock510 Husqvarna
    C Class

hope someone can help! After about 20-40 min of riding i get a fail code on the dash i've herd that its cause is my MAF sensor idk how true it is but if someone could please tell me how to remove and clean the sensor it would be greatly appreciated aswell as any other idea anyone might have the bike seems to run normally even with the fail code on. also if i turn the bike off with the key and restart it goes away for a min then come back
  2. joerock510 Husqvarna
    C Class

anyone?????
  3. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    There are other threads about this problem, mine ('10 TE450) has the same issue, bike runs fine with the 'FAIL' remaining on the display. Luckily it is still under warranty and I will be getting a complete new wiring loom.
  4. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I would have it hooked up to Ibeat to find the source of the fail. Sorry I have never heard of anyone cleaning the MAQ sensor, personally I wouldn't touch it at this point. If it runs fine- like Krezz said- its probably a short or open cicuit. Check the plug inplace for where the "tilt sensor" would be.
  5. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    Finally got my bike back with new updated wiring loom, only looks like it is more protected and sealed. Hopefully I don't have to post regarding this problem again.
  6. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

You really need to plug it into iBeat to find out what the fail history is showing.
  7. joerock510 Husqvarna
    C Class

goin to bring the bike in today hopefully get this sorted
  8. joerock510 Husqvarna
    C Class

ran the bike on ibeat and it said it was my tilt sensor now all need to know is how do i fix it?
  9. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
  10. joerock510 Husqvarna
    C Class

so ive cheacked he connection for the dummy plug where the tilt sensor would be i believe and it looks to be ok next step i would assume is to replace that resistor?
    Kreza likes this.