1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

09 TE250 advice on big bore kits

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by chico, Sep 29, 2010.

1. chico Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a 09 te250 and I am thinking of doing a big bore kit
    Has anyone out there big bored there 09 te250 and what is a good big bore kit? Would the fuel injection need to be remapped? Thanks any advice would be appreciated
  2. thenash79 Husqvarna
    A Class

Athena has a great kit that i installed in my 2008 te250. This kit is used by husky to make the te310's so its got to be good. Don't know about 2009 but i had to change ecu to 310's ecu but still had to have tune played with to get rid of dead spot off idle.
  3. MChammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Same thing here on my 08 TE250. Ended up going back to my 08 ECU and adjusting the fuel with a PCIII to get it working properly because of incompatibility with the supplied 310 ECU. The new ECU supplied with the kit was essentially from the 09 :cheers:factory TE310 and it didn't work right with my 08 instrument panel. For theis reason, it seems like your 09 should be a snap to upgrade.
  4. chico Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for the info,it sounds like the athena kit is the way to go.
    How is the kit performing do notice more bottom end or top end
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the Athena kit is what the OEM (Husky) sources for the 310 model.
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Get the kit from motosportz (site sponsor) It includes the new ECU for your 2009 TE 250 and is priced right
  7. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    '08 TE 250 here with the 310 kit from Motosportz. The kit is all factory Husky parts with the 310 ecu. Bike has the '08 p/u kit. Running the big bore & 310 ecu. It is a much better bike all around. Sure the neutral light blinks now and then, not steady though. The blinking doest bother the rider at all, she loves the bike much better now as a 310.
  8. chico Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks much I'll look into the motosportz athena kit I have bought from them in the past and they were good to deal with