09 TE450 issues

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by yoshiboldor, Jul 13, 2014.

1. yoshiboldor Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F DUcati 848
    Hi Guys,

I just purchased an 09 TE450. Needs some love.
    I have been able to get it running, but not properly.

It will start and idle no worries and I can ride it around a low throttle but as soon as I give it any gas is bogs?

I have pulled every connector apart and cleaned them, checked valve clearances, put in a new plug and cleaned the screen on the top of the injector (which was not that dirty).
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
  2. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Fuel filter? Dirty air cleaner? Rag in the airbox? Tank vent blocked?
  3. yoshiboldor Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F DUcati 848
    about the replace fuel filer everything else looked ok. Found a few worn wires.
    I suspect it could be a low fuel pressure
  4. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    couple additional thoughts...
    _check intake boots for leaks, properly connected. Oh yea almost forgot, as part of the "power up'" removal of charcoal canister a hose connected to a nipple on the intake- some replaced with a rubber vacuum cap which can leak or disappear, others replaced with a bolt.
    _check coil ground bolts, tightness, and clean connection to frame.
  5. yoshiboldor Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F DUcati 848
    Thanks checked all that. Didn't see a nipple on the intake. I am in Australia don't know if they had those canisters here?
    I took intake right off to check it out seemed fine.
  6. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Most countries don't have the charcoal canister fitted and hence the spigot on the manifold. Seems to be only countries with very strict emissions laws, eg US & Canada.

Check the fuel pressure - should be about 45 PSI with the pump running and around 40 when switched off, and the pressure should hold for a reasonable time. Mine held half of the pressure after an hour.

It might be worth running some fuel injector cleaner through, as the injector may be gummed with laquer from poor fuel.

Another possibility, is if you have just bought the bike running badly, the last owner could have mucked about with the fueling with i-beat, and leaned it off too much.
  7. yoshiboldor Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F DUcati 848
    fixed it, was a few rubbed wires here and there but I think the main issues was the high tension wire loose on the plug cap and coil.