09 TE510 in the NorthEast USA

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by waserman, Mar 29, 2012.

1. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Well I recently got my semco designs interface kit and will be looking at and possibly tweaking my EFI this weekend once my wife releases her old lap top to me, since everything else is a 64 bit operating system that I have. I have an 09 TE510 in full power up mode with the stock exhaust and the spark arrestor and the dual mode mapping switch, other than that the bike is stock. I live in the North east USA and was wondering if there are any others with the same bike that could offer some imformation on what their settings are.
  2. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Really ? Nobody in this area of the country with a TE510 that has had to adjust their FI settings. I guess I'm going where no other TE510 owner around here has gone.
  3. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    This may help ya out
    this is what i used on my SMR 510
    these were the best settings I could find using a A/F mixture gage
    when I first got my ibeat
    CO1-97
    CO2-100
    CO3-100
    Ya might want to try these they may work they may not no two bikes
    are the same good luck and let us all know what ya found
  4. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Ok I post up when I get to it Thanks
  5. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Didn't answer cause, I don't have a 510- I have an 09TE450. "Powered UP" and Stock Arrow exhaust with modified tip (slightly more restrictive than stock Spark Arrestor for DB (sound testing)) {exhaust changes matter to CO settings}
    If I recall correctly- (from memory not my notes)
    TPS: WOT 100.2
    CO1: 98.5
    CO2:100.5
    CO3: 101.5

I have played with a few 510s (sm and TE) On both I changed their TPS to 100.2 WOT and decreased CO1 to 99 with noted improvement. I did not get the chance to spend time perfecting their settings more because they asked me to do a Ibeat hook up on the fly- when they didn't have time to test and make further adjustments. My Buddy that did report back though said it made a big difference- more time would have been a bigger difference I am sure.

I agree- maybe some trends can be found- but no 2 bikes will be the same-
  6. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Well I finally got around to hooking up the i Beat software and pulled my values out. The bike configuration full powered up mode with the spark arrestor installed and stock motor/exhaust. My CO values are all at 100% for 1,2,3. My TPS is set at 101.4% for wide open throttle . I now have to figure out how to navigate through this mumbo jumbo, between the Husqvarna shop manual,the i Beat diagnostic manual and the input from all the threads .
  7. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Your tps needs to be set to 100.2% at wot
    pm me your number and I will give ya a buzz
    and can talk you through the ibeat thing
    it is a piece of cake
  8. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Wow what a differance just getting the TPS values where there're supposed to be made in the way it starts and runs. I haven't been able to go for a ride yet the weather isn't cooperating. I'll more than likely change the co1 setting once I get to test it out. I had to go from 947mv at closed throttle up to 1001mv to achieve my desired WOT range of 100.2-100.4 it fluctutes with temperature and input voltage from the battery. Thanks for the info Bill