1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 WB165 in need of upgrade advice, and many parts...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Blakelpd5, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    So it's time to do my yearly breakdown of the bike. Been talking about it for months, finally decided enough was enough!

1. I'm in need of the chain slider that wraps over the front of the swing-arm. I remember hearing there is a really beefy aftermarket one that is way more durable. Any pointers?

2. I want to change the sight glass out in my clutch cover. It looks like it pops out somehow, but I could be wrong. Anyone familiar with this? See pic below

3. Front and rear wheel bearings? What is the best quality, longest lasting bearings? I got good life out of the Allballs. 121.5 hrs since installation of Allballs. And to top it off, out of all the bearings, only the wheels F&R, lower shock mount, and headset bearings need replaced, Everything else looks GREAT!!! But looking for better wheel bearings if possible. Local bearing shop does not stock them.

4. Wheel spacers / bushings. The front wheel has 1, and the rear has 2. They are grooved BAD! I'd love to get some steel ones. I think I can have them made locally, but if anyone has a source for new ones, please let me know.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Enduro Engineering I think makes a wheel bearing kit with hardened spacers.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    someone threw away a perfectly good husky frame! :eek: dibs!

sight glass- wana say ive done this before. ugh. getting old blows! i know the "plug" part is avail seperately. something says not to mess with it. take a carrot in your pack in case ya knock it out, jam the carrot in the hole. ride. i silicone a Fat Tire bottle cap over mine.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WOW Blake, WTF? seems your bike worked great last time I rode it a week ago!!! I take it you will not be riding this weekend int e sun with the rest of us??? (wish my RM125 was good to go for you) As for wheel bearing Allballs is inexpensive and i can't imagine getting more miles than that int he slop we ride. Personally I buy the allballs one and change them as needed as even the best bearing get destroyed in the Nw slop. I can order you some (great prices), wished i knew yesterday when i placed a big order. they have all the bearing kits you are looking for and comes with seals and everything. TM is who makes the chain slider, call Bills.
    pvduke likes this.
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I wouldn't even mess with that sight glass as it looks like a great way to break your clutch cover! I'm a fan of measuring out 800cc's of oil, dumping it in and calling it a day.

Brian says he gets wheel bearings and seals from McGuire's for cheap (he claims "like $5", but that seems awful cheap to me. Still worth looking into though and maybe we can get a discount on buying a few of them :excuseme: I'll need some too eventually. Same deal with the steel collars from RB... we'll get them cheaper the more he cranks out. Although the EE spacers may be cheaper.... I know I bought some Moose ones for my YZ years ago and they weren't too expensive.

I have 25hrs of winter riding on my lower shock bearing. I should probably get in there and give it some love before it costs money. Damn high maintenance machines!

Oh...I bought the Motion Pro tool for torquing those hard to reach cylinder nuts, so when it comes time to put her together dont forget I have that.
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I think riding in the slop hides worn wheel bearings. Cause those bearings were beat.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah tell me about it. I seem to need to replace them every couple months. Seriously. Got tired of it and bought a pile of these. I know they are cheap chinese bearings but as i ride in slop all the time and pressure was my bike I figured any bearing is going to be toast ASAP. I repack them and run them till loose and do it again. super EZ to swap out.

I bought 10 of these just recently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271132055806?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

interestingly i have NEVER touched wheel bearings on my much heavier and more powerful TE511 in 4000 miles!!! I dont ride the deep slop as much but it has seem slop enough for sure. odd.
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Nice. Thanks guys!

EE sells the front spacer for $10, but I dont see that they sell the rear spacers except in 'kit' form along with the bearings and seals. May have to call them and inquire.

And I'm on board the cheap bearing bandwagon. As much as I'd love to run OEM stuff its pointless when riding in rain forests.

Blake,
    want to split an order of these cheap ones Kelly posted?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    free shipping so just order some up.
  11. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I have the EE wheel spacers, I don't think they are that much better than OEM as they are grooved up pretty bad.

I need to get on one of the lathes at work so I can learn how to do some of this stuff.

Also Bent lever in the couve stocks the front and rear Husky bearings. $15 for the front I think and the rear set is quite a bit more, can't remember how much.

Later,
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i wondered about that. they are simply hard anodized not steel.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Steel would be way better and better yet heat treated for an extra hard surface would be best. I miss the days when I had access to all the machines to make this kind of stuff on a whim.
  14. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Oh man, I have access to them all now just lack the experience to get stuff done as I have only been there 5 months. Heat treat would be cool too i am sure they could toss some parts in for me. Steel... all steel, I will have the heaviest 125 around in no time. :D

Later,
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    This would be one of the easiest projects to undertake. If you made a piece of round stock with the correct ID and OD you could make a bunch at a time. A hard chromed version would last forever but would not be as quick and easy as heat treating or quenching for a harder surface.
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    il buy some! just found some on R&D Husky website(OZ company). stainless steel $60. not cheap but should last. says for all 4T models, will these fit the 2Ts(125 & 250/300)?
  17. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    hay guys how about cryo hardening there's a guy in SW Missouri with a freezer im going to do a chain & sprockets supposed to last 2-4 times longer for 15 bucks i'll try it i know it's the s^%&. on lawn mower blades & brake rotors let me know i'll give him up also i hear good things about SKF wheel seal kits from ..mx-tech.com 877 850 5114
  18. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Thanks for reply guys. I'm in communication with a local machinist to see if I can get him to turn some out in Stainless Steel.

I'm not sure if the 4st spacers and the 2st spacers are identical. If this machinist is up to the task, and wants to pump out a few sets, I'll hook you guys up that want them...
  19. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    2009 and newer the 2 stroke should be the same as 4 stroke. If not my wheels should have fallen off by now because I have been swapping between them like crazy. That is for the 125 at least, not sure on the 250/300 maybe PC knows?

Later,