1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc '09 WR 125 Questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by WR BOB, May 19, 2009.

1. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Rode my new WR for the first time Sunday. After about 45 minutes, the throttle cable came out of the slide. At first I assumed the cable broke, but I pulled the cable at the grip, it seemed attached then pulled the cable and housing right out of the top of the carb.

Took the carb off tonight, put the cable back in the groove at the top of the slide making sure the plastic end of the spring was lined up properly. Seems fine now.

It also has a huge hole in the power band when you hit it hard from the lower rpms. If you easy the power on, it's not so bad.

Other than those two things and a walk back to the truck, I think I'm 15 years old again!!!

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

WR Bob
  2. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    It seems like the cable end was not in place properly or the white plastic keeper was not lined up....looks like you have taken care of the situation...good stuff !!!

To make a long story short.....the 09 WR125 was subject of a jetting revision right out of the crate...this included a new slide...jet needle ...mains and pilots...and also the removal of a throttle stop.....which I suspect is already removed.....

before you go any further and start trying to rectify your "flat spot"...call your dealer ASAP and ask if the POWER UP jetting and slide revision has been performed....this kit was provided in the crate with the new bike

after that we can assist you with more fine tuning....
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

You may want to look at this thread before you do too much jetting.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2876

Some 125s seem to have a worse hole in the power band then others.

On the carb, I test rode a WR300 a couple weeks ago and got about 20 yards before the same thing happened to me. It was not my bike but I have to assume the cable was correctly installed. If it happens again I would get a cable from a YZ125(since they have the same carb) assuming it is long enough. Or at least look at one and see if the cable end is larger. Maybe it is just a fluke though.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    On old and new TMX's, if you are not careful installing the cable end in the slot, you can easily think it caught in the notch, but isn't. My bet is your set up guy was so pissed at how long it took to get the cable out with the throttle stop, that he might have rushed the reassembly after installing the carb kit.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 2008 CR 125 after about 20 hours of racing and the carb never being taken apart
    had the same thing happen.I just put the cable back as it was to be and since then have had no problem.
  6. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

You guys are great! Thanks for all the info.

WR Bob
  7. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've heard this about the WR 125's making you feel like a teenager again. Everytime I turn away from them, they keep getting my attention. I can't wait to see a well tuned WR 125 in person...when Kelly's bike is fixed!
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why wait for a WR that you have to tune to make run like a CR just go get a CR and start riding no need to change anything
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Bob, I spoke to Gerald yesterday and he indicated the upgrade parts for our bikes were on the way. I'll bet the new exhaust valves will help your midrange issue considerably. Our CR hasn't had a huge mid range issue like the WR's. We had a very mild mid lag that seemed to get almost disappear as te bike broke in and I tweaked the jetting.
  10. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Krieg, I have exchanged emails with Gerald about my bike. I call the Husky Hotline today and told them about the problem in hopes that our parts would move faster to Gerald. The nice Gentleman I spoke to said they were stuck in custom and that it shouldn't be much longer. Let's hope that's the case. Thanks for the reply.

WR Bob
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mine has the dreaded HUGE hole in the power band. I believe it is the power valve. We will see.