1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 WR 144 + Ducati Ignition?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by LawnDartMike, Apr 19, 2012.

1. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bit the bullet and had Bill order me the 2012 WR125/144 ignition because I just knew there had to be a performance difference when compared to the 'old school' analog '09 ignition. There was really nothing wrong with my bike and I'm not sure what my end goal was for purchasing the ignition (other than I'm a tech geek and love new toys!)

The bike: '09 WR144 with FMF pipe, new ring, thin base gasket, stock carb (RM needle) and WB PV spring (stock/silver installed) kit. The bike ran very well (ask Kelly) in this almost stock form.

After the install: It seems to run a bit cleaner at the very low revs but my butt dyno couldn't detect any difference mid-high. If there is a difference in FW weight I could not tell during the ride. The slight hint of a bog at mid throttle is still there. At kicking speed the spark is more intense so I don't know if the hotter spark may help plugs last a little longer or not. It did clean up the wiring - I don't use the stock (POS) speedometer so I remade the wiring harness with only the wires needed for the lights.

As Wally had earlier warned me, there just isn't enough of an advantage to warrant the purchase.
    lankydoug likes this.
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Good post! I was wondering if there would be any noticeable difference:thumbsup:.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    LDM, when you have time, pull your power valve shaft out where it runs on the governor. If that shaft is worn real bad it causes a hit sometimes. I went thru one already. Another thing you can do, is leave your powervalve cover off and use a swivel socket to adjust powervalve up and down little at time, in either direction, to make sure you hit the best spot. I've done quite a few bikes thru pm's and the hit was in the powervalve adjustment. Would you by chance ride with someone that would have same carb, but with the RB mods done, and you can try their carb once? The stock TMXX carb that Husky uses, is not set good for low but more of a mid to upper carb. You have to fool that carb into more bottom transition. The RM needle is a smooth & fast transition with not being a step needle.