1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '09 WR 250 Q's

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by marcmo0, Oct 18, 2010.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Hey guys. I'm new here and want to know what you guys think about the '09 WR 250. I have a local dealer that has a leftover for a good price and am seriously considering trading in the 'ol YZ 250 and picking it up. I can't find any decent reviews online, so am wondering from you guys, how is this bike? Overall build quality? Power? Reliability, etc? Are there any things that are an Achilles heel on this bike? I know one thing for sure...it is one good looking machine!
    It seems like the parts are pretty readily avail from a bunch of places. I live in UT and do a lot of trails and desert and am about 6' and 200lbs.
  2. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    '09 WR250 Q's

Am thinking about picking one of these up, but can't find a lot of info online. How are they? Build quality, reliablity, power, handling, etc. Its a sweet looking bike, and I've always like Husky. Am really tempted to swap out the YZ. I live in UT and ride trails and desert. Is there an achilles heel to this bike? Anything I need to know going in?
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    The 09 WR 250 is a screaming bargain on a great bike. Try one, you will like it.
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Marc,
    I have an 08 Wr250. I just came off the Jap/Ktm's. It is by far one of the best bikes I have ever raced. Anyone that rides mine that has the YZ250, likes it better. It's roomy, has an awesome powerband, but you will need to plan to have the forks/shock done to your weight and riding level. You will probably need to fine jet it for your area. I would put a good tire on the rear. The MS3 that was stock on mine is a pretty good front tire. The stock rear had no bite and no braking traction. You better plan on radiator braces from the get go. One little fall can smash them quick.

There are some great deals on the 09's!

Darin
  5. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mark - I agree with Darin 100%. I just came off a KTM200 and the Husky is much better. It turns better and just as sharp. Power and torque is better. The center of gravity is lower and more forward so the suspension really works well. I also have radiator braces, Pirelli tires, pipe guard and skid plate. To sum it up, my KTM200 was the best off road bike I've ever owned. My 2008 Husky WR-250 is BETTER !
  6. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

my 200 is still better for extreme technical riding, but that's what it's set up for. my wr300 is better for anything with flow, and fast cornering and racing and so forth.

it feels like my naural riding position is further forward on the husky, which makes it corner a LOT better, but makes wheelies a little harder, at least for a spode like me.

darin's other points (rad guards, jetting, suspension) are spot-on imho. I don't run rad guards on any other bike, but i put them on the husky because the rads seem to be more exposed and got a minor ding on my first ride.
  7. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Buy it, you will never be sorry. Simple, just little tractors with a Gnarly pipe addition and jetting made simple with the PWK carb exchange. But, but when you pull the trigger with your right hand be prepared to boogie. They are perfect for anyone who enjoys simplicity and Euro handling. :thumbsup:
  8. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

The ergos on the WR-250 will feel great to you.
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    this thread needs combined with it's twin
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    It looks like we will find out soon enough if you get yours. I just put a down payment on the same model. I have heard that the forks work great after they are re-valved and sprung for your weight. I'm 6'6" and 210lbs so as soon as I get the suspension broke in I'll send the forks and shock to LTR. Les did a perfect job on my GasGas. The only other thing I plan to do besides skid plate and guards is maybe a carb change. I've heard the the PWK is smoother and less quirky when it comes to jetting but if I get the Mikuni sorted out I may leave it on. For the money you could change a whole lot and still be ahead of other bikes besides the fact that it's probably already better than most as it is.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I merged the 2 threads.

Not clear to me if they were supposed to be separate for some specific reason, but then someone suggested it - so I merged them.
  12. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Thanks for the merging of the thread. I wrote it twice, not realizing there was a wait time involved with the first post. Sorry about that. What I get for being FNG!
    I'm on road for one more week, and then I get home to see if the bike is still in the showroom or not.