1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '09 WR 300 50mm Zokes

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rob578, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Had the pleasure of replacing the fork seals this past weekend. What I found inside the forks was very interesting. both the compression and the rebound valving were covered in what appeared to be some kind of whitee assembly grease, completely clogging the ports of course this was mixed with all the dirt that leaked past the seals making for goopy mess. Haven't had a chance to ride it but it certainly feels different bouncing up and down on it.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    did ya service the fork after break in?

every ktm ive ever had had that white grease in it. if the bike's a left over it dries and flakes up then props the oil seal open then its off to the leak races.

real important- on ANY bike, after a couple/few hours tear the fork down and service it- surgically, get it SPOTLESS. this will increase your plushness and insure longest possible seal life. fork seals are a consumable. some last forever, but, they are not intended to do same. ALL fork's require regluar service, a LOT. the valving is VERY sensative to contaminants and the oil takes a major thrashing.

dont take my word for it...see the OM.
  3. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    I need to update this, someone brought it to my attention that the water that leaked past the seals could have caused the goopy mess in the forks. I would have thought it would have just turned the oil "milky" but I guess fork oil is nothing like motor oil.