1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 09 WR 300 Analog vs Digital Ignition

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rob578, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere.

Why does the stator need to be replaced when switching the ignition module to a CR or JD digital box? 12 volts is 12 volts, is the output of the ignition coils different? Higher output for the digital maybe? Or is there a difference in the crank position sensor?

Thanx for any input
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I beleive it has to do with the overall size of the 2 different types of ignition. I once let some one test the difference between the two
    We took a 2010 WR 125 flywheel ,stator and black box off the 2010 WR
    and installed my 2006 CR 125 parts onto the WR Took about 10 min to do and the size and weight of the Wr parts were much bigger and heavier .After the test we shitch it back took lest then 10 min the second time .I got to ride both bikes back to back and for how i ride the CR was much better .Next i would like to test the difference between a WR 250 and
    a change over WR 250 to CR I have a WR 250 so stay tune for a test
  3. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did you try hooking the CR CDI unit to the WR Stator and Pickup? Sounds like you swapped out everything.

I'm trying to keep the WR Stator so I still have the lightiing coils and don't have to spend another $100 having lighting coils wound on a CR stator.
  4. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    hijacked from Coffee's post..............." to Cr150,Wr250/300 get new ignitions with big horsepower increases,sorry no six speed yet.It was short on details due to time well spent with celebration and promotion of Husqvarna."...............

so maybe I'm not that far out in left field with my thoughts on the ignition...