1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 09 WR almost finished, 2 questions.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rob09, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Hey guys, been fixing up an 09 WR 250 and am almost done, just two probs. 1st, the rear brake rotor is loose. Bolts are tight, but it can move about a bit. Been wondering what the rattle was and just found it. Is it meant to be like that?

2nd, the factory odomiter has started adding '000 of km to it by itself. Speedo seems fine, but km have gone for 2000 to 5000 in about 100 km, any ideas? Thanks.
  2. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    The rear rotor is normal,the speedo's are junk on them,toss it and get a trailtech.
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Yup, the rear rotor is most likely a floating rotor, and they do have some play, that could also cause some rattling. Totally normal. As for the Comp, no idea's sorry man... However, trailtech does have some good computers that are really capable of a lot of things these days. All depends how much $$ you wanna spend
  4. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    This is why I love this forum. Thanks guys, have a trail tech X2 light and the comp has been on the to-do list for a while, now I have an excuse. I have tried hard to make my bike unique (murked out, almost Harley style 2-stroke for almost all on road use) and you guys have helped heaps. Thanks again.
  5. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    I know it defeats the purpose of having a floating rotor but I added a few rubber O rings from the hardware store to stop the rotor from rattling as it was driving me crazy.Two years later,no rattles and the brake works fine.
    Glenn haynes likes this.
  6. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Thanks, the rattle always worried/annoyed me, thats a great idea, thanks.