1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 09 wr float level

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motosapiens, Mar 9, 2010.

1. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

I swear I searched, lol. All I saw was a ref to the float level being 10mm. From what? Obviously it must be different than the keihin's i'm used to. is there a link or something to the procedure to check and set the float level in the carb? I didn't see it in the manual, but I didn't search it thoroughly (don't have it right here), and I've been finding the manual to be written in some bizarre form of non-native english anyway.

My bike seems to drip fuel out of the overflow pretty easily if i accidentally leave the fuel on. I don't know if that's normal, but it's certainly happening in greater quantities than i'm used to, so i figure i might as well check it before the bike gets too dirty.... thanks.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Based on it dripping out EZ i would just set it slightly lower. I think the float seam and carb bowl plane should be the same, as in parallel.
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    You need to turn the bowl overflow tube upwards and the gas level within the overflow tube should be 10mm from the float bowl mating surface.

I never could get this to work, so I adjusted it the old fashioned way by angling the carb until just the bumper spring was depressed. I measured 8mm stock and set it to 6mm to reduce the amount of fuel in the bowl and it stopped the drips.

I have the Husky schematic for checking the float height, but it has no instructions. Only an illustration. I can email it if you want it.
  4. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

sure please send it to marklweaver@hotmail.com
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Sent.

How have you liked the bike thus far? Starts okay, etc....?
  6. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

starts very easy in neutral. i'm going to change the oil out for something lighter to see if it will start a little better in gear. I took up most of the slack in the clutch cable which helped.

i'm certainly glad i didn't take the new bike to the superstition national h&h. My kx is a steaming rusted pile of wreckage from the submarine expedition through the world's most corrosive and disgusting mud. brake pads down to the metal, chain and sprockets (brand new last week) nearly rusted solid. I'm glad i didn't put new linkage bearings in. I'll have to be sure to pull the swingarm too and clean and grease. :banghead:
    grrrr.
  7. StrokerJr Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey Mark, Yeah the photos of the H&H look like you might have been better off on a jet ski. So, OK it starts good in nuetral and the clutch drags in gear, what else? Have you ridden the bike enough for a mini-review so far? Thanks.
  8. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

Finally got out for a few hours today, and i really really like the bike. I'll try to write a mini-review tomorrow after another day of riding. First i have to figure out how the hell to adjust the rebound damping. Seriously, wtf?