1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 09 WR shock needs help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by johnnyBgood, Nov 28, 2010.

1. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Just had my 09 WR 250 suspinders revalved after putting 10 hours on the bike by a local suspension guru . The front works great now fast or slow the rear is really good in slow woods riding ( tight stuff ) bike is set up kinda softish for my kind of riding but the bike has always had a harsh crappy fill in the rear , poor rider feed back at speed on choppy trails , kinda pogo like not a good feeling of control . Is this the problem that Les at LTR racing speaks about with the Sach,s shock . Any feed back would be great thanks.:excuseme:
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't remember exactly what Les saw with some of the Sachs shocks. If you turned your rebound on your shock full in and it still was too fast then yeah this could be it.

You probably need to start first with the clicker settings your suspension guy gave you. Also check the sags on the front and rear. Should be about a inch of static on the forks. The rear should have a rider sag of around 103mm. Then pick a small spot on the trail that best describes what you are riding. Ride that section and think about what is going on and keep repeating that section. If it is choppy section you need to figure out if the rear shock is doing a pogo effect, if so you need to slow the rebound down. If it is "packing" or staying up in the stroke before hitting the next obstacle it needs faster (less or out with the clicker) rebound. I normally do 5 clicks in/out at a time to get more of a feel if going in/out helps or hurts it, especially on rebound.

Also if it is too soft for you then you could be in the middle part of the stroke which is usually harsher and would explain the shock. That is the mid stroke valving working on slowing down big hits. At least that is my belief and I am no suspension expert. Les is a good guy and I am sure he would tell you about the shock issue if you gave him a call.
  3. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

JohnnyB - I live over in Canton Ga and I have a 2008 WR250. I would be very interested to find out who did your revalve... I bought my bike in June and have been tweaking the suspension but haven't quite found the right combo... Drop me a note when you have time.

John_hunter@genpt.com
  4. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Jhunter , I live in Dallas Ga. , I used Mark or aka MXtuner at hyperpreformance cycle in woodstock Ga. he does great work and he,s done work for me in the passed no complantes with him . He revalved front and rear and its wonderful , sucks up everything I throw at it now , but it as always felt strange in the rear kinda unconnected at speed 3rd gear and up . My stock springs where right for my weight so valving and a few other adjustments where needed for what I wanted . It,s nice working with Mark when you come in to pick up your bike he will set you up and set all the proper sag and if you don,t like the set up just bring it back and he will make adjustments and there are no time limits to his work , Beats sending it all off and hoping it comes back right or the way you want it . Nothing like hands on with the guy who does the work , also if you want to get togather and ride sometime you can ride it and see what you think , we ride at Highland park quite often and other place,s we all so do some SORC,s and SEtrA rides send me a post . happy trails .