1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09+ WR125/150 Throttle Cable

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by LawnDartMike, Jul 13, 2010.

1. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Since I run a sub mount stabilizer and the highest bars I can get, I ran into the problem of the throttle cable being too short. Bill recommended trying a WR250 cable and it works perfectly. Same exact cable only 5.5 inches longer. I would say it is the cable that the bike should have come with from the factory.
  2. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Good morning, Lawndart…

From the triple clamp up what are you running?

Right now I have my '09 WR125 apart to get the suspension done and I'm researching different setups. If I was not going to put a steering damper on I'd run the Renthal RC High Fatbar and Cycra's new Series One handguard setup and keep the lower spacers out.

The confusion starts with the damper options, I can pick up a Scotts for about $100 from a friend, but not really interested in welding on the post. (Will it interfere with the new Clark Tank, if and when they arrive…?) I think the Scotts option, over the bars, also leaves you with only one bar position. The Motosportz submount option is impressive, but then I have a bike specified damper. It looks like this takes the place of the lower spacer, but you can still use both bar positions. And maybe the RC High would be too high with the damper acting as the lower spacer. The CR High or Renthal's Enduro might be better. I don't go for a lot of sweep.

At 6' 2'', that is mostly leg, (36'' inseams) I like the high setup...

Just curious what your setup is...and your 3 cent's worth.(inflation)

And the cable tip is great...were you able to route this in front of the bars instead of behind?

And of course...anybody else that wants to chime in, please feel free to do.

Thanks
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Stock triple, GPR V4 submount damper (moved from my kx250) and Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bars. The bars are 30" wide with a 4" rise - about as tall as you can get - around 3" taller then stock with the submount. I got rid of the stock worthless spedo and mounted my trailtech. The wr250 cable is long enough to run in front and down the left side of of the frame like a normal bike.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the reply...

I can't tell...frame clamp or welded pin?

Cycra Handguards with the custom mounting hole?

Nice setup, throttle cable looks like it's supposed to...

Thanks,
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Frame clamp - I had to melt the tank around it to make it fit. Hole drilled for the hanguard mount.
  6. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    I went frame clamp and sub-mount for my Scotts damper, had to melt the tank as well. I had a Scotts damper from a previous bike and tried it with the MotoSportz mount to see if it would work and found that while the MotoSportz unit mounted up much better and did not require melting the tank it would have required a shorter arm than I had for the Scotts damper. I almost wish I would have just taken a grinder and slotted the Scotts damper arm back further which probably would have worked but it's done now. The tank touches and catches a bit when I pull it on or off to work on the bike but it's not a big deal.

So yeah, you can get a Scotts on there if you have one laying around but if I were to buy new I wouldn't go that route again. The Scotts also calls for you to grind on the head tube welds a bit which shocked me but I don't think all bikes need it, just be warned yours might. And as mentioned earlier, it only leaves you with one bar mount position, although I have no idea if all dampers to that.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great info Mike, thanks, ordered one up.

With ours you can run any position. The KTM guys love that.
  8. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Moto...

I don't see the '09 WR125 sub-mount on your site...

Am I looking in the wrong spot??

I did see your thread under the WR125 index, with good info and pictures, just not sure where to find the pricing info.

What's the chances of it fitting the new 150? If I get the chance to purchase...
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Was not there, just added. Don't want to derail this post so Email me if you have questions please.