09 WR125 for NA...Maybe?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ScottyR, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I talked to Rob Keith today and asked him if 09 WR125s were going to be imported and he said that they would bring a small number of them in next year ONLY if dealers would call him and commit to an order. No committment from dealers, no 09 WR125s for NA. He hinted that he would need to order 50-ish units before the factory would do a run of US spec bikes.
  2. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I am very interested in that bike, I just wish we had some firmer info on the specs...is it really 10 pounds heavier and 2 inches lower. That being said if they are gonna hit these shores I'm gettin' one.:D I figure I'll keep the 07 for a training/play bike, and race the 09.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I may have to do some serious figuring, as I'm afraid if they bring a few in for '09 we may not see them for awhile again. With my wife on unpaid leave from work, because of her colon cancer surgery and treatment also a daughter heading to College in a week makes this not the best year for a new bike.
    Norman
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How about a special run of Factory built Wr 300 with 6 speeds and maybe the new fram and a new lighter motor .If that was possable i would pay in advance.Until then
    my CR 125 will have to just keep beating the open class in AMA Hare and Hounds
    I beleive the CR 125 with a 6 speed is faster overall then the current WR 250 plus much lighter
  5. TripleW Husqvarna
    AA Class

That 09' is one fun looking bike. Any ideas on the list price on a 09 WR 125? What about aftermarket pipes for the WR 125. Are they available? I smash pipes:D TW
  6. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I'm gonna guess the list price would be in the 5800-6000 range. The list on the old ones was 5399.

Pipes are available for the current models...FMF, PC, HGS, Doma, but the mounting points on the 09 are different, although the overall shape and line of the exhaust appears to be the same, a little welding would probably do the trick.