1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc '09 WR125 suspension questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by joekarter, Aug 7, 2010.

1. joekarter Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey everyone. I'm considering buying an 09 WR125 and was wondering about the availability of springs for my weight (about 210). I rode 125's quite a bit in the 70s and 80s so I'm pretty confident I'll like the bike, but I'm curious if anyone else here with my level of "fluffyness" :) has worked out the suspension.

Oh FWIW, ex motocrosser now trials rider that rides fast rocky single track for training................if that helps

Thanks in advance

Joe
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 09 came with the twin chambers, if you recall, they were listed in the brochure as coming with the single chamber ones so the brochure/manual data lists the WR as much lighter when indeed it comes with heavier spring rates than listed. (.44 fork and 5.2 shock)
    Drew Smith at WER noticed this when I sent my new 09 leftover to him for the waving of his "magic wand".
    I am much lighter than 210 and we (he) switched to .40 and 5.0. also added a bladder kit to the rear which replaced the piston (which has large O ring for sealing which does have a small amount of stichion by design). Even though new and just having "new fork stcikys" , they feel sooo much better. I am 180 and the stock springs were wayy to big for me. BTW single track with rocks and roots. I also got his steering dampener too and love it.
    http://werproducts.net/Suspension-Service.html

He has what springs you will need I would guess.
    BTW he also owns an 09 WR 125 himself so he knows the bike for sure.

Joe